advertisement

Tall order

brab

pfm Member
Looking for a pair of small bookshelf bedroom tv speakers that won't make me miss the Spendor Classic 2/3s I have in the living room, no more than $1500/£. Thanks for recommendations.

I've got PMC DB1+'s in our bedroom system and they don't make my miss the Wilson Benesch Square 1's that I have in the system in my study (all that that much anyway).

They're very good sounding despite being very small.

Hi Brad, do you have any priority? speech, music, audibility in the evening at low level etc? Your room size, happy to consider speakers other than the lamininated usual types or open to something different?

I’ve been wondering about a speaker system recently albeit for the front room and to get relevant Advice I suggest you may need to be more specific in your preferences otherwise you’ll end up with lots of well intentioned suggestions which are based on what other fishies have, not what’s best for your situation.

We all try to help but you perhaps could be more transparent about your preferences which could cover a lot of speakers at £1500 which is down to you to supply.

best of luck , John

thanks, John. Good suggestions, but it's hard to be more specific since the speakers would be used for the very wide range of tv audio from news to live classical concerts. The room is about 4X5 meters. The speakers need to be about 2 meters apart on either side of the tv, and unobtrusive.

I can't see you missing the big speakers no matter what you get. Do you listen to music in the car thinking 'I wish I had my big speakers in here'?

advertisement

Back