advertisement

Today I have mainly been v2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feeling better after several days of a kind of chronic fatigue I seem to get a couple of times a year. Limbs so heavy I can hardly lift them; sleep, sleep, & when I wake up, back to sleep; brain turned to a slurry; minimal appetite. My aunt gets it, too. Neither of us can explain it.

My bestest, most darlingest friend called before. One of those hours that feels like five minutes. Dearest Rachel, I love you so very very much! Ever yr bro/sibling/thing, xoxoxor*

Now pleasantly hammered by a couple of pleasant hammers, listening to Cluster. It is my birthday.

Feeling better after several days of a kind of chronic fatigue I seem to get a couple of times a year. Limbs so heavy I can hardly lift them; sleep, sleep, & when I wake up, back to sleep; brain turned to a slurry; minimal appetite. My aunt gets it, too. Neither of us can explain it.

My bestest, most darlingest friend called before. One of those hours that feels like five minutes. Dearest Rachel, I love you so very very much! Ever yr bro/sibling/thing, xoxoxor*

Now pleasantly hammered by a couple of pleasant hammers, listening to Cluster. It is my birthday.
Happy Birthday! It's also my wife's birthday today, currently crossing fingers that her card and present get delivered shortly and aren't late!

Happy Birthday! It's also my wife's birthday today, currently crossing fingers that her card and present get delivered shortly and aren't late!
Wishing you both all the best! A pity you appear to be separated in space: may you be reunited soon.

Tomorrow is my stepdaughter's birthday. I think she'll be 35 - good lord! A fabulous woman I love with all my heart.

unblocking the long run of pipe that runs under the kitchen floor from sink to drain........luckily the augar did the job nicely along with plenty of hot water

waiting for the butcher to deliver

Today I took delivery of a pair of Sennheiser HD660S cans.

At work we have a 'reward' scheme, by which we can be nominated and receive 'points' for doing good stuff. We also get them for long service, and I had accumulated a load, pumped up by a load for my 15 years service in 2020. The points have an expiry of 2 years (but they can be re-instated, but it is hassle). You can cash them in for gift vouchers for various retailers, so not being one for 'fashion' (most of my T shirts are 10 or 20 years old!), I thought I better spend them, so got some Amazon vouchers, and got the HD660S from Richer Sounds (via Amazon).

Not listened to them yet. Tried them on, a bit tight, so currently being 'stretched' a bit on my headphone stand (a yellow glass head!).

https://www.mannequinsdirect.co.uk/unisex-glass-display-mannequin-head-yellow

I currently have some HD565's, which I paid £80 for about 30 odd years ago. I think I had my money's worth from them.

Just fried some mushrooms in butter to add to my spag bol, am trying to hold off ramming it down my throat till later.

This morning big service at the cathedral as my wife finally passed all her many exams and training [ very rigourous] to become a lay reader [ like an unpaid vicar] . very proud of her

Made my day to meet an old chap there who used to run a Jazz club and had entertained many of the greats such as Oscar peterson and Count Basie etc. magnificent .

Nearly had fireworks excitement, but didn’t. It was very funny, but unsuitable for pfm.
(I have a poor reputation when it comes to fireworks)

The Wife won a tight game of Scrabble, 314 vs 291. :(

Lamb chops for dinner. Doesn’t matter how big they look, they always shrink to bugger all.

Drinking leftover fizz from Christmas. Mixing it with various things, Chambord liquer being tonight’s winner so far, going to try it with rum next.

Awake at 0300 for the 2nd day - a legacy of the steroid element of Thursday’s chemo apparently. Mercifully, I don’t feel tired (or ill) but it’s a PITA being quiet and unobtrusive while Jo sleeps on.
Oh, and Hi/good evening to North American fishies.

I struggled to sleep with those ruddy steroid tablets too. Even when taking the smaller dose 3 days later I was still not sleeping well - or at all sometimes.

Coronavirus problems...

Last weekend was spent demolishing an old and decrepit greenhouse. But in doing so the dwarf wall it was on is suddenly in need of repair... and the new greenhouse is being delivered and installed at the end of this week! EEK!

This greenhouse was ordered LAST January - Coronavirus problems, labour issues and supply of Cedar timber have all contributed to the delay - this is a company holding a Royal warrant even. But we are nearly there. I could not go elsewhere - these guys could make a custom replica of the existing thing (but better built with hardwood). Because we are both listed and in a conservation area, we did not want to spend money on applying for permission to build a bigger and better thing - a lot of added expense.

But taking down and re-laying about 20 - 30 bricks is not ideal at this time of year - but I cannot risk delaying the installation by me having a bad wall! - So being brickie is what me and a friend are up to this weekend - not as we planned it. Another neighbour lent me a giant electric disk brick cutting machine - man that thing is seriously dangerous. It kicks as it starts up - but slices a brick in about 10s. Saves me trying to find my lost brick bolster!

Still it saves from the wifes' 'to do' list for a while!

..sleeping until 0630 in defiance of the steroids then up and out to RDA to poo-pick and see some old chums.

Not raining but weather fairly triste so I’m scheming a late lunch of lamb stew with parsley and mustard dumplings.

making a shwarma mix and marinating a shoulder of lamb ready for 5 hours of cooking later. Tomato, harrisa sauce for spreading on, and some yoghurt, tahini garlic sauce....

making some mix for "tuppaware" chorizo.
https://www.rivercottage.net/recipes/tupperware-chorizo. Half will be for tomorrow with some chickpeas, peppers and tomatoes in stew of some sort. Will freeze the rest for another day.

I struggled to sleep with those ruddy steroid tablets too. Even when taking the smaller dose 3 days later I was still not sleeping well - or at all sometimes.

yes they are very stimulating . i guess one takes them in the morning but even so the effect does not wear off

Morning and then lunchtime for three days post-treatment (in my case).
Anyway, last one taken so a sharpener while those dumplings cook.

Been battling with the brambles in the front hedge. It’s amazing how they propagate, with huge branches arching over the top, and rooting where they touch the ground. Like bloody triffids.
Decided to give up the struggle for today and come and lick my wounds over a nice cuppa Darjeeling

Last edited:
yes they are very stimulating . i guess one takes them in the morning but even so the effect does not wear off

I had to take morning and afternoon for the big dose for 3 days (advice to take before 3pm, but I found that was way too late) and then smaller dose was 3 a day for 3 days. The smaller dose still kept me awake. Apparently you should not just ‘stop’ after the big doses, although no one explained quite why.

...and breathe.

The family decided to invite themselves around to ours for the weekend. It was great to see them and spend time with our little whirlwind of a grandson.

We showed the brood around our new home town, they loved it, seagull jr is looking forward to doing a pub crawl with me later in the year. We then played board games (Ticket to Ride and Sequence) well into the night last night and much beer, wine and gin was imbibed (judging by the now full glass recycling box).

Lunch of Chicken Caesar Salad and they've gone now. Seagull jr has arrived home safely and miss seagull has just departed back to university.

Mrs Seagull has requested more wine and something gentle on the TV (Death in Paradise first). I'm hoping to play some music later.

All in all an excellent, if exhausting weekend.

if i recall they have to be tailed off . i think this is why

If you abruptly stop taking prednisone or taper off too quickly, you might experience prednisone withdrawal symptoms:

• Severe fatigue
  • Weakness
  • Body aches
  • Joint pain
  • Nausea
  • Loss of appetite
  • Lightheadedness

Prednisone is similar to cortisol, a hormone naturally made by your adrenal glands. If you take prednisone for more than a few weeks, your adrenal glands decrease cortisol production. A gradual reduction in prednisone dosage gives your adrenal glands time to resume their normal function.

The amount of time it takes to taper off prednisone depends on the disease being treated, the dose and duration of use, and other medical considerations. A full recovery can take anywhere from a week to several months. Contact your doctor if you experience prednisone withdrawal symptoms as you are tapering off the drug

https://www.mayoclinic.org/predniso...rednisone for,to resume their normal function.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back