advertisement

All purpose football thread 2021-2022 season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Strange game last night Arsenal started so strongly and it looked like it was going to be a very long night . Having great pressure and some good chances down the left against Trent . Then they just stopped doing the things that worked. Wasted the chances they had . Then Liverpool scored and instantly went in to game management mode and frustrated mainly the young players and controlled most of the rest of the first half. Second half Arsenal again came out strong but again no clinical finish . Liverpool then asserted control again for large parts and the second goal just killed Arsenal off. If I am honest the better team for the major parts of this game lost . Football is a strange game and sometimes if you just take the chances you get and the other side does not then you come out winning. Hope we can play better in the final whatever happens it should be a good game and possibly high scoring for a change . I would say that Trent and Jota were outstanding with Fab not far behind . Not sure what to expect now against Palace .

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/25115886

I remember Rom reducing Vidic nervous wreck when Everton played them at their place. Roberto knew how to use which was ball played over or down the channels for him to run on to. Difference was, he was the main man at Everton and knew it. Even in his first Interview back then, he openly talked about going back to Chelsea and Everton was only a stepping stone towards that. Maybe Chelsea are now just another step back to Inter?

It doesn't sound as if he's TT's man so it would be better for all if they go their separate ways.

There in lies the answer to Lukaku. He's not a hold-up forward, he needs the ball to run onto, a bit like Owen used to. His size makes people think that he can play a style, that he has no skill set for..

There in lies the answer to Lukaku. He's not a hold-up forward, he needs the ball to run onto, a bit like Owen used to. His size makes people think that he can play a style, that he has no skill set for..
That's a bit of a problem when he's so often static.

I really hope Norwich stay up this season, quality of teams in lower positions is probably the poorest ever. Newcastle fans would probably enjoy a season in the Championship?

Southampton scored a worldy and defended brilliantly. After the first half, I am delighted with a point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back