advertisement

Brexit: give me a positive effect (2022 remastered edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just remoaners talking down their country, etc.
Johnson will of course want the ‘backstop’ of plausible scapegoats before his head is put on the block. He will slander opposition leaders at PMQs as usual but leave the more concerted attacks to his underlings aided by noises-off from the Tory press. It’s all hands to the wheel! because in the famous words of George W Bush, this sucker could go down.

I suspect Liz Truss is being lined up as his successor mainly because she's too dumb to notice that it's an utterly poisoned chalice at this stage in the game, and nobody else will take the job. Johnson needs to go down by himself rather than with his ship, and if his successor gets taken down in the undertow, at least that'll clear the waters for somebody else before the next election.
Poor Liz, people talk dismissively about transitional leaders but she’ll be a transitional drowning victim. What an epitaph.

Are we back to magical thinking and..ahem…blockchain again? Remember, a majority in the place neither you or live, are in favour of the Protocol.

Co-starring Shelley Winters as Theresa Coffey...

Wouldn't Kenneth Clarke be better in that role?

ken-clarke-tory-leadership-contender-and-mp-in-potters-bar-north-london-making-a-walkabout-and-meeting-the-party-faithful-in-the-local-conservative-club-where-he-enjoyed-a-cigar-and-a-pint-of-bitter-beer-shutterstock-editorial-925672a.jpg
img

I didn't say they weren't. I was merely pointing out a factual inaccuracy in your post.
We will see it tested out in reality if Final Ultimatum Truss carries through on her threat ( which I doubt ) to leave her Clause 16 bomb on the table and press the timer. She’ll flout the wishes of the democratic majority in N. Ireland to pander to a Tory-UKIP audience in England. Some Union!

At last, a benefit! At least they will speak English thanks to our past colonial activities, not like those dastardly Romanians. I suspect Delhi may require us to do this, so we can have a free trade deal. So sovereignty is on the table.

Oh.

PS: I wonder if we have to do this too

Indian System - Metric System
1 Tolä 11.664 g
1 Sèèr (80 Tolä) 933.10 g
1 Maund (40 Sèèr) 37.324 kg

That's funny - during my earlier trips to India I occasionally purchased some pot, and yes, they don't sell it by gram, they selling it by tola. Only that my estimation was it's 10g so I assume I was mildly (for their standards) cheated...

Current price of U.K. food in Europe shows how difficult exporting has become, you could stuff your suitcase full of tea bags, oxo cubes etc and double your money, oh except that is now illegal due to Brexit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back