advertisement

RIP Meat Loaf

LIKE A BAT OF HELL HE WAS GONE WHEN THE MORNING COME!
A great frontman and always came over as a nice fella.
RIP Meatloaf.

Sad news.

I got into BooH in my teens, via the Todd Rundgren connection (I was a Todd nut). Great album (also: absurd, ridiculous, overblown...).

RIP fella.

Massively popular if not my cup of tea, unavoidable if your local had a jukebox (which all came with BooH in them from the factory, I think) and someone 'always around' for people of my age. Nice chap too and the world will be a poorer place w/out him. RIP.

Just read this sad news.

I remember my brother buying Bat Out Of Hell from Woolworths mainly on the basis that it had been in the albums charts for literally years so must be good! We played it a fair bit, I haven't heard it for a very long time but I bet I could still sing most of the words.

RIP

A generational thing. My 18 year old son read about his death this morning and said " the guy from Fight Club has died"! He'd never heard of BooH.

As a post grad student in the early 80s I was regularly woken on a Saturday morning by the American guy downstairs blasting out BooH- before he got his banjo out and practiced for 2 hours. It felt like torture at the time....

Mind you, I had a new born son at the time so it might have been revenge for the crying.

I find it fascinating how music threads our memories together: I'd not thought of the banjo playing American for decades. ( Hopefully no one here was at the Apsley Road, Oxford, graduate student flats in 1982-3, loved Meatloaf and plays the banjo....)

He has hit the highway to heaven like a battering ram On a silver black phantom bike!

I know what I'm listening to this morning. Might watch Rocky Horror tonight too. Good innings for a rock'n'roller - God rest his soul.

A bit pessimistic I suppose, but most mornings I get up and wonder who will it be today?

Meatloaf, crikey saw him 3 times and always a great show......R.I.P.

R.I.P.

We saw him live many years back at the Olympic Stadium in Munich and he really was a showman. Very entertaining.

Currently playing Bat Out of Hell.

BooH was often on the turntable in the 6th form common room when I was a lad, so big memories of my teenage years come flooding back when I hear it now. Sad news.

I played it his morning and got to Heaven can wait before Crying out loud!

advertisement

Back