advertisement

A thread to catalogue the eloquence, dignity, diplomacy and wisdom of Boris Johnson II

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a part of me that wishes Angela Rayner was still lobbing the (verbal) grenades at Boris at PMQs - I think she has got over her "scum" outburst to develop into quite an impressive parliamentary performer. Starmer tries his best but I didn't see him exciting the masses on the benches behind him quite like Rayner (IMHO) would have done.

Me too. Although I'm not a fan she delivered some serious punches at PMQs. In the light of subsequent events that have piled one on top of another I think history will judge her "scum"quote more kindly.

I wonder how many actual rebel MPs there are, because if there are no more than, say, 30, then I wonder if Johnson is considering withdrawing the whip, just as he did over Brexit.
An interesting thought. And he has form, proroguing Parliament was a similar tactic.

He won't go.
I said as much upthread.
After his past sackings for lying and incompetence, this time the boss completely understands him and how special he is.

Will Sue Gray be:

a) Bought off (probably with a nice 7-figure PPE contract in return for a box of Kleenex tissues)
b) A stooge and lacky
c) Threatened and blackmailed

I would guess a combination of all three.

Britain Trump https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politic...on-wont-quit-rebels-force-no-confidence-vote/

He'll probably resort to calling Steve Bannon to arrange a repeat of Capitol attack on the Houses of Parliament.

Excellent news. The longer and more spoilt-child Johnson’s narcissistic tantrum the more lasting damage will be done to his vile corrupt party. It is clear he models himself on Trump/Bannon, but I’m far from convinced the UK is ready to buy into that degree of far-right extremism even if the Mail and Express are willing cheerleaders.

Will Sue Gray be:

a) Bought off (probably with a nice 7-figure PPE contract in return for a box of Kleenex tissues)
b) A stooge and lacky
c) Threatened and blackmailed

I would guess a combination of all three.
I would say none of the above. The remit for her inquiry was deliberately narrowed to exclude any possibility of it being used to oust Johnson, which is why he keeps banging on about the result being so important.

I hope he does fight it. The longer this shitshow goes on, the more the public gets to see of the Tories' dirty laundry.

Can’t help but be reminded of the broadly similar sentiments expressed back when Brexit was going horribly wrong. And also that the result in the end was Brexit being rammed through even harder than anyone feared/dared hope, and the party regenerating into a much more virulent form.

Can’t help also, therefore, feeling a bit more pessimistic about the current situation.

Can’t help but be reminded of the broadly similar sentiments expressed back when Brexit was going horribly wrong. And also that the result in the end was Brexit being rammed through even harder than anyone feared/dared hope, and the party regenerating into a much more virulent form.

Can’t help also, therefore, feeling a bit more pessimistic about the current situation.
Can't 'like' that post, but I fear you have a very good point.

Mogg is a living fossil from an era when manual workers were viewed with suspicion for their latent fecklessness and immorality, where the principal downside of industrialisation was realising you were now surrounded by hoards of masterless men and that the law had to be applied differently to those from servantless households.

8lX6ZfR.jpg

In Boris, Jacob saw much to be admired.

Has he ever worn clothes that fit him?

Mogg is a living fossil from an era when manual workers were viewed with suspicion for their latent fecklessness and immorality, where the principal downside of industrialisation was realising you were now surrounded by hoards of masterless men and that the law had to be applied differently to those from servantless households.

8lX6ZfR.jpg

In Boris, Jacob saw much to be admired.

Shades of The Omen and The Midwich Cuckoos in that photo. Brrr.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back