advertisement

Today I have mainly been v2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally got around to clearing the leaves from the garden (there is a large oak tree just across the lane).

Bread and cheese for lunch.

This evening we're going out for a curry then to watch the football at a local hostelry (evening games at the Amex are no longer feasible thanks to the hour it takes to get out of the carpark then minimum three hour drive home).

Had a burst pipe yesterday, rather a shock, water coming through the ceiling. Managed to get some advice from a friend to stem the tide and an emergency plumber came & replaced the fitting.

Damage looks minimal but it has left me in black mood.

working; interviewing for an L in Software Engineering. 1-2-1 with the boss.....

new walking boots arrived - old Scarpa ones worst for wear on the sole. New ones are Meindl

Star Trek

Series 1 Episode 11 - amused The Wife and me, especially the bit where Kirk is half naked and oiled up…

the source of the scary face in the end titles that gave me the shivers when I was a kid, scared and scarred me.

@Joe P The one where Bailey stays with the alien and they drink ? Tronya ? :)

093-D9-FCF-DB3-C-40-DE-8-ED7-E9679627-AB93.jpg

I think they nicked most of the music used on Star Trek from Bernard Herrmann, notably from Mysterious Island… sure sounds like it.

Had a burst pipe yesterday, rather a shock, water coming through the ceiling. Managed to get some advice from a friend to stem the tide and an emergency plumber came & replaced the fitting.

Damage looks minimal but it has left me in black mood.
wow , bad news . Thank goodness you managed to sort it !! I was only looking at damp stain cover in b@q today

Sealed the deal on our new head office, so all hands to the pump in April. Loads more space and an easier commute for the interns when they go back to office working (if they ever do)

work - meeting with my senior team. Attended a ground breaking ceremony for our new building this morning - watched some dignitaries with a shiny spade dig a pile of freshly prepared soil. Nice to see the site though - lots of contractors looking busy, diverting services and grouting already done, piling starts next week.....exciting times - key handover is in March 2024.....

continuing to clear a friends flat which is approaching a major renovation which i am organising

packing up a lovely amp i had on demo to sadly return . would have liked it longer but there you go

Clearing out the loft in readiness for work that starts next week (nowt like leaving things until the last minute to motivate my lazy arse). Accompanied by the sound of banging and swearing from the scaffolders doing their scaffolding...

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back