advertisement

What are you listening to right now #61

Status
Not open for further replies.
40 next month...

R-383211-1435078033-7705.jpeg.jpg

Fascinating, Amber Audio! Many thanks.
I take it he liked the album, too.
I am not a vinyl afficianado any more, lucky enough to be enjoying my favourites on mostly Brennan FLAC, or otherwise on cassette tape or CD.
I enjoy reading how you folks indulge in your vinyl, too, though.

PS - I see you're nae far fae here. Never forget the lovely Council man (Water Services) I met through my trips on work in the region. He was born in Echt. Always started his phone calls to me with the words "Iain, ah'll tell ye fit it is." Nice.
Aye I’m in Ballater, before covid I'd stay in Edinburgh on a regular basis usually in a flat just off Lothian Road. Hopefully get back down there later this year, more likely next the way things seem to be - one step forwards two back, just had my 4th jab so might be down this summer.

Doubt I’d get into vinyl from scratch nowadays, the prices are high now and finding bargains is rare, remember spending Saturdays rifling through bins of LPs in Leeds/Edi/Aberdeen/Newcastle in my youth and coming away with bags of 12” and LPs, buying bulk records and swapping/trading.

Beak> - >>> (imaginative titling after > and>>). Shame they added vocals as there are some great instrumentals on this...

R-12549703-1602142641-5627.jpeg.jpg

Solange, When I Get Home ( vinyl) after reading a great piece about her by Ian Penman in the latest London Review of Books.

A Seat at the Table will be up next

OIP.Sf6g5LHmB3Le3e-_c-zMpgHaHa

I'm a huge fan of Penman's writing and highly recommend this collection:

OIP.ikYMfAr2d2cgE3aZ82gBPAAAAA

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back