advertisement

Today I have mainly been v2

Status
Not open for further replies.
work H&S meeting, some mandatory training on diversity and equality. Meeting with the solicitor. Waiting in vain to see if my new V5 might plop through the letterbox today. Why cant they have e-V5's these days.

Released latest small furry 'visitor' from humane mouse trap. Dropped it off in a hedge at the furthest end of the nearest field, with a small pile of bird suet (my missus insists on them being given a packed lunch). It may be back in a few days, but that's ok.
In total contrast to mice with packed lunches green house tally now reached 48.
Little Nippers baited with Peanut butter do the trick.

yes . is it full of itchy insulation ?
Yes. Condensation is a bit of an issue so I’m rearranging some of the insulation to make sure nothing is blocked or too close to the walls, etc. Most of the stuff up there belongs to the SO, so I’ve been muttering about a tip run but made no progress on that so far.

15 minutes to explosion oh praise to lord covid boris u **** hope my guts erupt and u suffer greatly you fat blonde bastard.

Starting to get used to the new norm, living on my own. Teams meeting with financial advisers to discuss dealing with my wife's estate, doesn't look like there are any major problems. See solicitor on Wednesday to get legal ball rolling.

Got my 4th Covid Vax today, I'm on the Clinical Extremely Vulnerable list so had 3 primary vaccinations so that should help keep me covered. The vaccine passport app already shows it so the IT systems must be pretty well sorted.

Homemade lentil soup tonight with Tesco GF Christmas pudding to follow.

In total contrast to mice with packed lunches green house tally now reached 48.
Little Nippers baited with Peanut butter do the trick.
Well I do use peanut butter to tempt them into the trap, so we do have one aspect in common!

We caught 12 from behind the fridge over the 12 days of Christmas. Peanut butter is the biz. You need to make sure you release them a long way away, but they do say hice mice don’t survive long in the great outdoors. But I figured that putting them in the barn on the other side of the canal would give them a chance. Unless the buggers can swim too!

Haggis, neeps and tatties this evening, soaked in butter. Marvellous.

Spent an hour looking at armchairs for the music room. Didn’t like any very much, and £1000+ for a chair is not going to happen.
Nothing John Lewis or Ikea have looked right.
Think it is going to be old second-hand stuff that doesn’t match (2 armchairs required)

I quite like non-matching furniture in some circumstances. So long as there’s not a major clash of style or finish, it can have a kind of charm.

Not that keen on matching furniture at all. The first duty of furniture is surely not to match, albeit to be compatible. Even my curtains don't match.

Spent half an hour helping the girls herd the sheep onto fresh pasture under the fiery setting sun, with the wolf moon rising. The light was amazing.

Spent half an hour helping the girls herd the sheep onto fresh pasture under the fiery setting sun, with the wolf moon rising. The light was amazing.
The moon was amazing here yesterday as well; clear as anything even at 4pm and shining brightly later in the evening when I let the dog out.

Just finished the shepherds pie off, not really sure eating that much for breakfast is a healthy option. Pilates on the shed roof in my leotard will sort that though.

I quite like non-matching furniture in some circumstances. So long as there’s not a major clash of style or finish, it can have a kind of charm.

There are some requirements that are fixed -

- The sitting height must correspond with tweeter height

- The backrest stops at shoulder height

- Small footprint

- Armrests present but not oversized

- Doesn’t look like it belongs in a Nursing Home.

I will have another look today, but I think it will take ages.

Another problem it creates is where to put all the stuff that is currently stored underneath and behind the current 3-seat sofa?

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back