advertisement

Today I have mainly been v2

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I was a student we used to buy catering size tins of Seville marmalade, stacks of butter and large un-cut bloomers. Bit of puff in the evening and taking turns to make the toast. I lived with five girls (slept with only one) and we were known for our sticky records…. Happy days!

changing the plates over on the car. Insurance Co charges £30 admin fee for changing the plate. Putting my plate on retention - as soon as the V5 arrives I can collect my new car.

Went out to buy a new cat bed

Having a drink with next door, he's had CV19 for 10 days.

Cooking a paella

Running with my club's marathon group. 8am meet, 16 and a bit miles at just under 9min mile pace, all on road, fairly flat. Bloody cold when we went into a fog patch, but also some sun. Last week was my first outing with this group, and I really struggled in the last couple of miles, but today I was fine all the way back to where we had parked up.

Today (5-6pm) I have played 5-a-side, having not touched a ball for 20 years and having pretty much zero fitness (I do a good amount of walking and weight lifting, but no proper cardio since hanging the bike up last September, is that enough excuse’s :)).

10 minutes in I was blowing like a steam train, I’d tweaked my left upper calf/hamstring, then 20 minutes later pulled my right thigh (low to medium pain), I kept soldiering on, trying my hardest, but fading and fading as the game went on, then with a few minutes to go thigh went fully (high pain).

So, sat here now nursing a few muscle pulls here and there (right thigh is a solid 8 out of 10 on the pain Richter scale), pretty much exactly what I thought would happen :D.

Not bad for nearly 54 years young…..

(One day I’ll grow up!).

and today I’ve mainly been aching like hell and feeling around 108 years young!

Lovely walk round nature reserve and listening to the most incredible chap who has attended the local church for 83 years . !!

Reading a book about life in back to back houses years ago ... the joys of sleeping 5 in a bed top to tail , the joys of scabies , TB, and life before the nhs. Very gripping read and makes you realise how lucky we are

Had a couple of mates around this weekend to help demolish the rotten greenhouse attached at the side of the house. Took a good few man hours to carefully remove the glass- some of it well siliconed in, making it rather tricky - especially working up a ladder to get to the roof sections. Still all cleared and daughters boyfriend borrowed his Dads VW bus with seats removed to take all the crap to the tip. Owe my mates some beers now...

Released latest small furry 'visitor' from humane mouse trap. Dropped it off in a hedge at the furthest end of the nearest field, with a small pile of bird suet (my missus insists on them being given a packed lunch). It may be back in a few days, but that's ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back