advertisement

My dedicated listening room, some updates..

Rega Planar 10 Turntable w/Apheta 3 Cartridge
Rega Aura Phonostage
Rega Apollo 35th Anniversary CD Player
Blusound Node 2 (using internal DAC for now)
Exposure 3010s2 Integrated (3510 Pre and Power on order)
Spendor A7 Loudspeakers
Little Dot Headphone Amp
Grado RS2e Headphones
All Interconnects - LFD Grainless
Van Damme (Mark Grant) Speaker Cable

Library-1.jpg

Library-2.jpg

Library-3.jpg

Library-4.jpg

Library-5.jpg
When does the Monolith appear...?

My dedicated listening room, some updates..

Rega Planar 10 Turntable w/Apheta 3 Cartridge
Rega Aura Phonostage
Rega Apollo 35th Anniversary CD Player
Blusound Node 2 (using internal DAC for now)
Exposure 3010s2 Integrated (3510 Pre and Power on order)
Spendor A7 Loudspeakers
Little Dot Headphone Amp
Grado RS2e Headphones
All Interconnects - LFD Grainless
Van Damme (Mark Grant) Speaker Cable

Library-1.jpg

Library-2.jpg

Library-3.jpg

Library-4.jpg

Library-5.jpg

Fabulous, loving the drinks trolley !

Yes, it was custom built and to sit a little lower than usual for this kind of chair, to allow for better tweeter-ear height relativity.

re: your chair.

Where does your head/ears rest in that chair in terms of height?

Specifically the backrest, does it stop at your shoulders or does it go high enough to be flush with the top of your head ?

I ask because I am thinking about getting rid of my 3 seater sofa and getting a comfy single seater. What I don’t want is the backrest of the chair to act in any reflective sense, like cupping ones ears - but in a bigger way.

I ask because I am thinking about getting rid of my 3 seater sofa and getting a comfy single seater. What I don’t want is the backrest of the chair to act in any reflective sense, like cupping ones ears - but in a bigger way.
I had similar concerns when I got my Ekornes recliner. What I discovered was that a padded fabric surface behind the head does not mess with audio, however, leather upholstery behind the head does create the 'cupping' effect and other peculiar audio effects and is best avoided.

Big Tabs…

My ears are about juuuust below the back of the headrest and side wings. I was concerned about this and had asked to lower the whole back of the chair. The builder advised against this based on looks. I took his advice and took the risk. I have not noticed a difference between this and my older chair (so far) thank goodness. I do like to rest my had back on occasion so overall so far I’m happy with my choice.

Big Tabs…

My ears are about juuuust below the back of the headrest and side wings. I was concerned about this and had asked to lower the whole back of the chair. The builder advised against this based on looks. I took his advice and took the risk. I have not noticed a difference between this and my older chair (so far) thank goodness. I do like to rest my had back on occasion so overall so far I’m happy with my choice.

If you ever want to try something different, simply add enough cushions on the chair to get your ears a few inches above the back of the chair…

mind you, this would have to correspond to ear /tweeter height - if you subscribe to that viewpoint. (I do)

Just a little over one year now with the Sony speakers and I can easily say the honeymoon is ongoing. Most of the time I've been powering them with solid state (JVC), but recently put a tube amp (Audiomat) back into the system for the winter, and the Sony's still impress. Mind you the Audiomat has a bit of a solid-state sound signature, but the speakers allow the extra resolution to shine through. My first impressions when I set the speakers up last year were that they would be long term keepers, and nothing in that time period has swayed my opinion. These are the best overall speakers I've had 30 years in this hobby.

gi.mpl

Just a little over one year now with the Sony speakers and I can easily say the honeymoon is ongoing. Most of the time I've been powering them with solid state (JVC), but recently put a tube amp (Audiomat) back into the system for the winter, and the Sony's still impress. Mind you the Audiomat has a bit of a solid-state sound signature, but the speakers allow the extra resolution to shine through. My first impressions when I set the speakers up last year were that they would be long term keepers, and nothing in that time period has swayed my opinion. These are the best overall speakers I've had 30 years in this hobby.

gi.mpl
I’ve read a lot of good things about those speakers.

I’ve read a lot of good things about those speakers.

They are seriously good! I've had a dozen sets of speakers during my time...these really float my boat. Most folks won't get past the Sony label though.

They are seriously good! I've had a dozen sets of speakers during my time...these really float my boat. Most folks won't get past the Sony label though.
They really do exceptional speakers when they want to. They look pretty serious too.

Most people will initially be put off by the price, then the label will bring worry about depreciation.

advertisement

Back