advertisement

Today I have mainly been v2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Battered a chicken breast with a hammer and making parmo and chips. Am quite hungry now but trying to hang on a while.

51809990643_1f912d9bd7_w.jpg

Today I have mainly been sworn at by a mental cyclist.

On a walk with the Old Man this morning, I was head down sniffing a particularly nice piece of something recently dead in the bushes by the side of a track in the New Forest when this brightly coloured thing on a bike came up behind me, at speed, heading directly at me and making an awful racket with a bell.

Now, I admit I may have over reacted, give me a bit of warning and I can walk to heel if there are no squirrels around, but honestly, when a noisy bright coloured bloke makes an aggressive high speed beeline straight at you when you’ve got your nether regions inadvertently in the air, well? what’s a girl supposed to do?

Anyway, I made my feelings about his unwelcome advance known in a manner I thought appropriate to the immediacy of the situation whereupon he swerved with rather more drama than was necessary to the other side of the track, which ironically, if he’d been over there in the first place would’ve obviated the problem.

Unfortunately as he wobbled his fat fluorescent arse on his way he shouted “f*cking dogs” back at me.

I wish I had a snappy one liner to shout back at him. One that got to the heart of his disrespect for other track users with a pithy eloquence, but I failed. I was shaken, distressed and angry. And I’m only a dog ffs.

I needed a drink to clam down…

51810036963_b9f498a665_w.jpg

Last edited:
Roast beef and yorkshires on the way. Currently working my way through the Brewdog Christmas box one of my students bought me. Not sure I’m keen on the Guava flavoured one…

Started clearing out the garage. Should be moving house in a couple of months. I’ll need that time to get organised, it’s a mammoth task. Managed to get a ‘van ban’ permit for the tip but only allowed 4 visits in 4 weeks. Drives me mad, they have to make it easy for people to get rid of stuff. When I get to the HiFi, it’ll be 4 systems down to 2, going to try and get super organised and only take stuff I need for the new place. Still, roast pork tonight, just opened an Antinori to give it a bit of time.

Nearfield listening, ears are 12 inches from speakers. Its nice to not have to have it loud but holy moly its giving me a headache.

Only gin and Noilly Prat. Just shaken so it might still be aerated.

Last edited:
Started clearing out the garage. Should be moving house in a couple of months. I’ll need that time to get organised, it’s a mammoth task. Managed to get a ‘van ban’ permit for the tip but only allowed 4 visits in 4 weeks. Drives me mad, they have to make it easy for people to get rid of stuff. When I get to the HiFi, it’ll be 4 systems down to 2, going to try and get super organised and only take stuff I need for the new place. Still, roast pork tonight, just opened an Antinori to give it a bit of time.

wow a lot of kit to shift !! are you downsizing the house then ?

Unblocked my drains at home. Had to get to a manhole cover that I found a foot under my lawn..

a foot under the lawn !!! :( how the heck did you find that ? have you got one of the underground sensing devices with cctv ? our drain guys use those to locate stuff . we had to find a number of drain covers at a big nursery recently. they were all covered by that rubber interlocking playmat stuff

wow a lot of kit to shift !! are you downsizing the house then ?

It’s not too much kit, a couple of amps, speakers, CD etc, will stick it on here in due course. Yes, downsizing the house so it’s all change! It’s stunningly beautiful here but it’s a lot of work. We want more of a lock and leave to free up time to enable us to travel more once covid (hopefully) settles down.

Quelle journée !

Knackered.

And now unable to recall what I have done. Quite a lot though.

Pretty close to almost being 100% maybe decided to give my PMC FB1i’s to The Daughter - not a sure thing but I have spoken to The Wife about the idea, which came out of nowhere yesterday. Maybe not though. Complicated.

Obviously I may have decided to purchase some other speakers, but it might not happen yet. Nowt wrong with the loudspeakers I have, why would I give them to one of the kids… nnngh making my head hurt.

I did remember that my M.O.T. is due sometime after Christmas, but I normally get a letter from the garage to remind me. This has not happened. Found M.O.T. certificate, due in a week o_O

The Wife booked my car in this Friday, phew.
Fairly sure my car has headlights that will fail. the Bi-Xenon corner bendy view headlamps are too high when on dip, I soo rarely drive at night that I have thought about this a few times in the last year or so, then promptly forgot.
I think it is a ‘laptop plugged into car’ thing. My old car, a Skoda Octavia VRs had a little roller switch that adjusted the headlights from the cockpit, that was easy :(
Mind you, when the headlights turn on, they do a ‘little dance’ - this is always pleasing, every time. :)
(look up ‘Yeti bi xenon headlamp dance’ if you can be arsed)

Had the pleasure of youngest grandchild over today. He is 2 and a bit yrs old and has cerebral palsy.
I burst out into blubbing racks of tears whilst holding him, the tears came with no warning. The Wife took the G-Boy and looked at me with suitable concerns. I had no idea (then) why I was overcome with the tears and snot, came out of nowhere. Soon stopped, lasted all of a minute. Glad my emotional pressure valves still work. All I did was to consider the next 20 years or so of the grandsons life, nothing specific, just the difficulties he will encounter. More of a feeling than an actual thought.
He is a jolly little boy. And not so keen to bite or scratch today.

Sod this for a game of soldiers.
G-Kid will be fine, I am just projecting negative vibes, and then only very briefly.

Good to use that valve. And this one;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back