advertisement

Coronavirus - the new strain XXIII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sadly I lost a friend in his mid 40’s in Leeds yesterday, spoke with him on Christmas Eve when he was admitted to hospital and was quite chipper - rapid deterioration on oxygen then induced coma and sepsis brought things to a dreadful conclusion - leaves a wife and two young children, very upsetting

Sorry to hear this - condolences.

Well, for some inexplicable reason I appear to have covid 19!

I’ve been feeling crap for a couple of days. I took a lateral flow on Friday and it was negative, but doing another one today and it is definitely positive. I assume it was delivered to me somehow as I’ve not been out anywhere or had anyone round for quite some time. Maybe an Asda home delivery, or on mail/Amazon deliveries? Can’t really explain it, but it certainly is. Not feeling too bad; lots of coughing, sneezing, headache, sinuses, mild asthma etc, but only at a ‘bad cold’ level. Blood oxygen is fine too. I’ll self-isolate for a week, but that just means not posting any vinyl, as I was already isolating!
Good grief, if you've caught it what chance do the rest of us have Tony. I live a similar 'Covid' safe lifestyle to you, which is as safe as it gets. Omicron seems to come from the most unexpected sources. I hope your symptoms stay mild and don't last too long. Same for everyone here.

^ Well we can now assume that Postman Pat can deliver Omicron through your door. So it survives, for long enough, even on any soft surfaces.
Anyway I have thought for a while now that everyone, all 8 billion of us, will get it eventually.

Hope you make a swift recovery Tony. I went to a concert at St Georges Hall on Friday (Isata Kaneh-Mason). Mandatory mask wearing and 100% compliance. I was wearing a decent mask. The next day I got my first ever "ping" via the NHS app. Guidance says I don't need to self isolate, and I've had 2 negative lateral flow tests since then, but I've decided not to visit my elderly parents today, just in case.

Sounds like you've been very unlucky, Tony. I guess there's no such thing as a completely risk-free life. Hope you feel better soon and make a full recovery.

I usually wear an FFP2 mask when answering the door, my wife less so, but we both will be sure to from now on. Along with being immunospprssed I also have a lung condition and am seriously worried after hearing about Tony. They are not kidding when they say omicron is highly infectious are they!!!

postal pcr?

I’ve just ordered one. The NHS covid site really is crap! Just so much re-entering of the same data, site clearly not updated to factor boosters etc. I ordered the offered antibody test too. I fear no needles!

That's a bugger Tony, hope it's not too bad for you.

My mum has been feeling crap all week and off work with something, she thought she'd caught it but a negative PCR and LFT says not.

I’ve reported the positive on the NHS site. I don’t really want to go out for a PCR as I don’t drive, I feel ill, and it is really bloody cold out there! I don’t ‘need’ one as no one else can be impacted by my actions or inactions as I live alone/work from home (I certainly won’t ship any vinyl this week). The cat appears unconcerned.

If you need anything do say.

Get well soon, hope it's just mild symptoms.
Some triple jabbed friends have just come out of isolation she (45 runs, slim and health conscious) got quite nasty symptoms, still can't taste or smell anything.

A Nottingham man died after an overwhelmed NHS was unable to help him. He sat untreated in A&E for 9 hours before being transferred. 36 hours later, he died.

June Roche from Nottingham describes how an understaffed and overwhelmed NHS was unable to help her husband. He sat alone, untreated and in pain in A&E for nine hours before being transferred to a cardiology ward. Thirty six hours later, he died.

https://centralbylines.co.uk/is-the-nhs-overwhelmed-jakes-last-friday-on-earth/

^ Well we can now assume that Postman Pat can deliver Omicron through your door. So it survives, for long enough, even on any soft surfaces.
Anyway I have thought for a while now that everyone, all 8 billion of us, will get it eventually.
It was reported as the principal mode of transmission 2 years ago. Since then I know that air tx has been recognised as not to be underestimated but fomite transmission (I only learned that word 2 years ago) never went away. I'm sure that I've been exposed, I work in a factory employing 600, 20 have it at present, 2 in my department, both close contacts. Dodged it so far. I'll sanitize everything in sight tomorrow.

Get well soon, hope it's just mild symptoms.
Some triple jabbed friends have just come out of isolation she (45 runs, slim and health conscious) got quite nasty symptoms, still can't taste or smell anything.
Yes, I got that too (Delta variant). It faded away after about a week. I can now smell and taste at 80 %. Coffee still tastes like nothing and Islay tastes like Johnnie Walker. :rolleyes:
Same here, pretty caught for 10 days mask always on except at home, three jabs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back