advertisement

What are you listening to right now #61

Status
Not open for further replies.
New Land – Newland001. LP, reissue, 2021. Remastered by Kevin Gray from the 'original analog tape transfers'. I take it that means a digital file then! Sounds smashing all the same. Art Farmer on Trumpet and Flugel, one of my favourites :) Thanks Jim, that was great find!

R-21204373-1638519378-4218.jpeg.jpg
Gavreid, Oops - posted reply in AS Verve thread by mistake.

In fairly quick succession, all on vinyl:
The Band: The Band (What an amazing album this is. I bought it on release in 1969, and must have played it hundreds of times, but it always blows me away. 'The Night They Drove Ol' Dixie Down' never fails to bring a lump in the throat and a tear in the eye).
/QUOTE]

Absolutely agree on the album and the track, right from intro TNTDODD is a cracker and sgtrangely evocative. I really like the version from the Last Waltz, too which is on youtube as you'd guess.

Playing a Granddaughter some Sex Pistols :)

More images

Sex Pistols – Holidays In The Sun
Label: Virgin – VS 191, Virgin – VS191
Format:
Vinyl, 7", 45 RPM, Single
Released: Oct 1977
Genre: Rock
Style: Punk

Fantastic, bought their six-pack, was the band of my teens. Still sound good to me, but I don't play them often and obviously not as sophisticated as the likes of The Clash. Groundbreaking music, no Pistols no Nirvana I'd say.

Via a Qobuz stream, following @poco a poco 's post and recommendation. Sublime.

I'm trying to limit myself to one purchase a week this year but am already struggling to decide whether to buy new stuff or reissues. The way my listening is going I may need to change my status to partying like its 1959.

R-21204373-1638519378-4218.jpeg.jpg

The Bill Charlap and Gerry Mulligan records has sent me back to Ethan Iverson's Common Practice, a favourite from a couple of years ago, which has a similar feel.

R-14170513-1569172300-6172.jpeg.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back