advertisement

Cheap and decent all in one?

Bob Edwards

pfm Member
All -

I’m now in a Veteran’s Administration nursing home, and will be for a while. Cancer fight - need the support.

Need music, so looking for a cheap and decent all in one. Ideal if it has a tuner, has to be able to connect to a 2015 Macbook Pro and/or a iPhone 11.

Smaller is better, like to stay around $100 with $200 as an absolute max.

Thanks in advance!

Sorry to hear this Bob, all the best for a full recovery. I know nothing about ‘all in ones’, but are headphones an option? I’d take an iPhone or McBook and a nice pair of cans above any other $200 options I can bring to mind.

Another vote for the Sonos Roam. Not cheap at $179, but it sounds better to my ears than other bluetooth mini speakers I’ve tried.

Bob, as I’m sure you know, PFM has lots of empathetic members. We are here when you want to talk, and we are all wishing you the best with managing your cancer.

All -

I’m now in a Veteran’s Administration nursing home, and will be for a while. Cancer fight - need the support.

Need music, so looking for a cheap and decent all in one. Ideal if it has a tuner, has to be able to connect to a 2015 Macbook Pro and/or a iPhone 11.

Smaller is better, like to stay around $100 with $200 as an absolute max.

Thanks in advance!
That really sucks buddy, really hope you’re feeling better soon. How all in one are we talking? Speakers built in too, or a receiver and separate speakers?

Sorry to hear this Bob, all the best for a full recovery. I know nothing about ‘all in ones’, but are headphones an option? I’d take an iPhone or McBook and a nice pair of cans above any other $200 options I can bring to mind.
I’d be lost without my B&O e8 earbuds, they really are a “go anywhere” solution, they’re really comfortable and they sound amazingly natural.

Good music will be a real tonic. I have some nice Sony bluetooths WX 1000s? They’d be perfect with a phone.They have good noise cancelling software too. A great number of music and radio apps to choose from plus sorted music. Mine are about £100 or so now after some new versions were launched.

Get well soon Bob. The Sonos Roam would be nice. It puts you in the Sonos infrastructure which is one of the best. The app will work well on your Apple devices. You likely will not be able to pick up AM or FM in the hospital but I have found most radio stations stream over the internet so those stations can be added to the Sonos app via iHeart radio or radio.net. If you have a music streaming app like Spotify that could provide you with all the music you could think of. All controlled from your iPhone or laptop.

I'm sorry to hear that Bob and hope things turn out well for you. My wife has been in several different hospitals and nursing homes since April. Her Amazon Echo has been a godsend. She listens to music, audiobooks and the radio. I'm using an Amazon version of the Sonus one which does all the same stuff but the sound is a bit better.
She has been ill for a while and the Alexa has been the best thing. She could turn a heater and lights on and off by voice, get the weather forecast and we even programmed it to remind her to take her medicine on time. All the best.

Bob, sending you best wishes! Hopefully music will bring good things along the way!

advertisement

Back