advertisement

Turntable supports and feet

Manufacturers have to meet many safety standards from all of the world markets that they sell into, and sometimes the same piece of equipment has to work in different climates and on different mains voltage and quality. Hardly surprising that there may be lots that can be removed or changed to improve the sound but they couldn't sell it like that. Before exposing the innards make sure that you're not putting others including children, pets and visitors at risk.

According to my friends who worked at Linn in the 1980s, the Sondek was designed to work best on 150 year old Glasgow tenement floors, as that is what the designers had at home.
They recommended the Ikea Lack tables back in the day.

According to my friends who worked at Linn in the 1980s, the Sondek was designed to work best on 150 year old Glasgow tenement floors, as that is what the designers had at home.
They recommended the Ikea Lack tables back in the day.
How would they have known what kind of floors the boffins at Stromberg-Carlson would have had?

Last edited:
I put felt pads under the 3 rubber feet on my TT2’s
The decks are on shelves and I try to decouple the decks from the shelves with felt, it makes no sense to attach the deck to the shelf with anything like sorbothane or rubber. Same theory with using spikes etc.

I do not want to spike anything to the surface they sit on, it seems obvious to me to avoid this.
(speakers being the most obvious positive result from my experience)

advertisement

Back