advertisement

Hawthorne Stereo: RIP Bob

"Paul Stephenson 4 January 2022 at 17:22

So Sorry to hear the news, condolences to his family and friends, I met Bob several times over the years during my time at Naim he always showed the passion he felt for his job and his part in the audio industry - thankfully Naim was part of his passion. R.I.P Bob - Paul Stephenson former CEO Naim Audio"

Bob carried some Naim, Rega, Cambridge Audio, UK brands, etc.

Sad news. I spent many happy hours there, heard my first Naim equipment, and bought at least two complete systems from them over the years. Bob and staff steered me in the right direction on multiple occasions.

I bought my first Naim boxes (72,HC & 180) from Bob in Seattle back in the early 90's. RIP my friend!

Bob was a great guy - always helpful and fair in his dealings with me. A great loss to the US audio community.

Goodbye RDLguy!

If you sit by the river long enough eventually you will see the bodies of your enemies float by.

Very sad news indeed. When I first moved to Seattle (from the UK) in 1998, armed with my lowly LP12/BasikPlus/K9 and Nait 1, Bob was my go-to guy for all things Linn and Naim. Though I got off the bandwagon after a while, I still went in often and had a chat with him, right up to last summer if I recall.

His store was the best on Seattle's 'hi-fi row' (Roosevelt, just south of 65th), mostly I think due to the fact that the staff always seemed to love music first, equipment second. Bob was always honest, charming and had a wicked sense of humour, and I for one shall miss him dearly.

I used to visit Seattle often and stayed in the U on Roosevelt. I visited all the shops on the row often but Hawthorne was my fav. RIP, Bob.

advertisement

Back