advertisement

Thrilled with my new Rega purchase!

Jazzyguy

pfm Member
Such a long, awaited and worthy purchase!

K5cDdFn.jpg

yTe3NTo.jpg

3egYJw3.jpg

vceaqzm.jpg

The upgrade over the RP10/Apheta 2 was quite a bit more than I expected. What a gem! Specifically in the midrange, followed by quite a bit better bass definition. Fit and finish were impeccable and KAB strobe speed test including stylus drag indicate right on speed within 0.02% or 33.342 rpm. Pretty amazing stuff, Rega. Great work!

Nice I just went up to a P10 from an RP10 as well and am very pleased with the results.

Never got on with the Apheta 2 and went back to a Lyra Delos after a year or so, had recently put a Lyra Kleos SL on my RP10 so have a very direct comparison between the 2 tables with the exact same cartridge.

Agreed 100% on the bottom end being more taught and present and everything else is just a bit more realistic and believable.

Didn't think it would be as much of an upgrade as it was - definitely worthwhile. Couldn't resist with the Jan 1 price increase it was kind of a now or never sorta thing.

Absolutely love it and have been thoroughly enjoying listening to all my old favourites over the holidays...

Congrats on the new deck and glad it is hitting the spot- this is why we do what we do.:)

Glad you’re happy with it!

I moved from a P3 to a P10/Apheta3 and am… underwhelmed. I was expecting to be blown away, but I’m really not. It sounds much worse than my streaming system, which costs significantly less.

I’m wondering if my setup is off, but I’ve tried various adjustments and it’s not improved. The sound isn’t bad; it’s just not the huge step I thought it would be. Changed the Aria to an Aura thinking that would pull more detail out… nope. Good money after bad!

One thing I’ve noticed is that the arm wobbles left and right when it’s playing. Not massively, but it’s definitely there. Does that imply an ill-fit cart?

Congrats on your P10 / A3!

I “downgraded” from a mega-priced and engineered TT to the very same you have just bought. I absolutely love it - it gets used all the time and whilst it’s not on a par with what I had, it’s 95% there, which is good enough for me!

I have been so impressed with the P10 it’s a lovely thing.
Enjoy and continue to play more records, as that is what it is all about :D

I moved from a P3 to a P10/Apheta3 and am… underwhelmed.

Firstly, I'd contact your dealer as the cart may be faulty. If it wobbles I'd normally suggest a compliance miss-match but that's not going to be the case. Does it do it on all records? Have you tried adjusting the bias?

I think we can expect too much of Hi-Fi products. There is a limit to how good they can be, it's still just a record player, and as the cost goes up you need to pay larger sums of money for ever decreasing improvements. A grand or two for slightly more refinement is not unusual and above a certain level things are often different rather than better.

Or you may just not like the sound of these top Rega decks. I don't. They don't sound like the cheaper decks.

This generation of Rega turntables really do stand out from the pack conceptually. May well be the only genuinely original thinking in turntable design for best part of half a century! Everything else was pretty much done by the early-70s. I’d be interested to hear one some day.

Glad you’re happy with it!

I moved from a P3 to a P10/Apheta3 and am… underwhelmed. I was expecting to be blown away, but I’m really not. It sounds much worse than my streaming system, which costs significantly less.

I’m wondering if my setup is off, but I’ve tried various adjustments and it’s not improved. The sound isn’t bad; it’s just not the huge step I thought it would be. Changed the Aria to an Aura thinking that would pull more detail out… nope. Good money after bad!

One thing I’ve noticed is that the arm wobbles left and right when it’s playing. Not massively, but it’s definitely there. Does that imply an ill-fit cart?
It definitely shouldn’t wobble from side to side. If the deck is level and the tracking force and bias are correct, it may be that there is something wrong with either the cartridge or the arm bearings. I’d suggest you get it checked by your dealer.

i am going to demo this next week.
Has anyone compared the apheta 3 with the Aphellion 2 cartridge?
Also the Aura is considerably more than the Aria - i will listen to both - but any opinions if it worth the upgrade?

As far as Turntables go, for me, one of the best looking ones by far. Bests any monstrosity in metal or antique (Linn).

I am generally a form following function guy, which is why I rate the eighties Planar3/RB300 as one of the best Hi-Fi products of all time, but these decks just don't do it for me. I admire the pushing of technology but I find the LP12 to be more satisfying to own and use. I don't think the LP12 does look antique. I think it has been a contemporary product for so long it has taken on a timeless quality.

Reactions: RoA

advertisement

Back