advertisement

You have got to be f**&*(^ kidding me...

Not that this is an excuse for Blair, but we need to remember this:

The total number of deaths and disappearances related to repression during the period Saddam Hussein was in power is unknown, but is estimated to be at least 250,000 to 290,000 according to Human Rights Watch, with the great majority of those occurring as a result of the Anfal genocide in 1988 and the suppression of the uprisings in Iraq in 1991.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casualties_of_the_Iraq_War

bush_blair7.gif

I would quite like a Blair government again, certainly preferable to what we have now. Yes, Iraq was a massive failure but he did much good. Iraq would have happened anyway, I wish we hadn’t tagged along but I don’t see where constantly going over it gets us.

Nah - Blair was just another white over-privileged male cut from the same cloth as that bacon f*cker and the clown we have now.
He single handedly destroyed what was left of Labour Party values and principles and promoted Thatcher's legacy to dizzy heights only vaguely imagined during her tenure.

A total dipshit.

Nah - Blair was just another white over-privileged male cut from the same cloth as that bacon f*cker and the clown we have now.
He single handedly destroyed what was left of Labour Party values and principles and promoted Thatcher's legacy to dizzy heights only vaguely imagined during her tenure.

A total dipshit.

Don't sit on the fence. Say what you really mean :D

Nice to see kids being honoured. Heartwarming.

In fairness I’d expect some serious benefits if I was expected to stand on stage with a vacuous lying corrupt narcissistic arsehole like Johnson and not be allowed to take a cattle-prod/baseball bat.

PS The whole honours thing is utter BS IMHO. Anyone with any dignity would refuse them.
I work somewhere where they are bandied around like Xmas bonuses to people for just doing their jobs. I think I'd still accept one in the unlikely event that it was offered though - only I'd keep schtum about it and just tell my mum and in-laws about it. It would make them happy.

I work somewhere where they are bandied around like Xmas bonuses to people for just doing their jobs. I think I'd still accept one in the unlikely event that it was offered though - only I'd keep schtum about it and just tell my mum and in-laws about it. It would make them happy.

It's a weird one. In principal I don't really agree with the honours system. But if I'm honest I'm also thrilled to bits when someone like Orphy Robinson is recognised, knowing what a force for good he is (and also just a lovely genuine bloke).

They are published in their entirety in the press…

The opinion from The Wife is that Blair was always going to get a knighthood, but Philip hated Blair.
Since Phil is kaput r.i.p. the way was clear for Blair to get an traditional award for an ex-pm.

The Wife said that Brown etc. post-Blair P.M’s will get their awards in the summer.

note -

We both dislike Blair, but that is peanuts compared our feelings towards Thatcher.

Not that this is an excuse for Blair, but we need to remember this:

The total number of deaths and disappearances related to repression during the period Saddam Hussein was in power is unknown, but is estimated to be at least 250,000 to 290,000 according to Human Rights Watch, with the great majority of those occurring as a result of the Anfal genocide in 1988 and the suppression of the uprisings in Iraq in 1991.

.. and US moral, diplomatic and tactical support for the Hussein regime during that period was well documented at the time (and is still out there) DESPITE the Reagan administration being in full knowledge of his genocidal proclivities.

The infamous Rumsfeld handshake wasn't a photoshop cartoon

Old and tired arguments I know - were it not for the fact that a key perpetrator of the Iraq horror has just been awarded one of the highest honours in the land.

Disgraceful

The opinion from The Wife is that Blair was always going to get a knighthood, but Philip hated Blair.
Since Phil is kaput r.i.p. the way was clear for Blair to get an traditional award for an ex-pm.

Jeez. I wonder if Prince Phil might have been another of Blair's *ahem* victims? I wouldn't put it past him.

advertisement

Back