Trying to ID a album

AudioAl

pfm Member
I have a LP that I can't find in my record collector book
It is Blood Sweat & Tears
CBS 63504
On the run out track 63504 B1 , It's mono 1968

Any advice ? can post a image if required

It's really worth sorting them all into a discogs 'collection', identifying the pressings etc. It's a great learning process if nothing else and when all's done it's all at your fingertips

This is what I do when playing an album.
It is a useful process, and depending on the album can be an interesting thing to do.

But really time consuming if you have a very large collection!
Some are easy - barcodes and not many different pressings per cat no. Others can be a massive pain; matrix/runout labels and etchings being too difficult to read, slight differences to the Discogs entries that you have to make a call on. I'm probably 1/6 of the way through my collection and I'm in no rush to get it done!

One positive is knowing what you have for insurance purposes.

If your eyesight is a bit naff it can be tricky or you have to ask a better sighted person to help. Really useful for home insurance.

You can use their App to scan barcodes and speed up the process. Buying off Discogs sellers, it’s easy to add those LPs with a single click.

I started adding LPs about 8 years ago and got lots done during lockdown, marries in well after you buy a RCM, add to Discogs, clean, new liner, back on shelf.

Inspired by this thread I had a look at discogs (I was aware of it but hadn't really bothered looking before) and have now bought a couple of things and started adding my (meagre) vinyl once each thing has had a spin on the RCM.

Actually quite fun, obviously in a bit of a nerdy way.

Plus it was interesting to see that one of my old Black Metal albums apparently goes for the best part of a grand nowadays! Wondering what else I'll find out as I work through the shelf.

Discogs, don’t go without being aware it can empty your wallet so fast you get vertigo!
Love and fear in equal measure, was going to lash out and get a rare vinyl copy of rems new adventures, then my brother got me a copy of newly released anniversary vinyl.
On Discogs original Lp mint copy £200, ouch!

I had the opposite problem - spurred on by curiosity about what some of my records were worth, I looked one up that I thought might be fairly rare and sure enough, the last one sold for £300 or something. Went to take it out for a clean and a newly respectful play and… Nowhere to be seen. Must have parted ways without realising at some point during my no turntable years. Bugger!

Still fun to tinker with though.

advertisement

Back