advertisement

What are you listening to right now #60

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've played this through about 3 times over today and louder each time, which is always a good sign. Who needs another Dylan covers album right? It's outstanding - I know I've mentioned it a few times. Is Chrissie really 70? She sounds almost the same...

BMG – 538684261. LP, 2021.

R-19925815-1629526949-4928.jpeg.jpg

Had my first listen of this on spotify after seeing your post. It`s really good, the vocals are great and there is a lot of space/airiness to the recording.
I`m tempted to buy the CD now, to hear it loud and through my system.

Had my first listen of this on spotify after seeing your post. It`s really good, the vocals are great and there is a lot of space/airiness to the recording.
I`m tempted to buy the CD now, to hear it loud and through my system.

I listened to side 2 over and over - Blind Willie McTell and Don't Fall Apart On Me Tonight especially. It's great that they're her songs rather than the obvious choices (she's always done Dylan covers in Pretenders sets and appeared with him too)

Michael Kiwanuka - Kiwanuka
If there's been a better album than this in the last few years I've not heard it.
I put it up there with some recent classics like Laura Marling - Sempa Femina & John Grant - Queen of Denmark, the latter does fall outside of the last decade though. A stunning record from an incredible talent.

Swell Maps - International Rescue (Alive Clear Vinyl LP 1999)

Go through spells, Jowe Head's forthcoming book about his band has started me having a Swell Maps feast over the last few weeks.
Blimey, they were good.

No self- improvement tonight. Just a casual listen to Naim Jazz on the streamer whilst grazing on the ipad

The Beatles - Let It Be-Naked. It's the version Paul wanted it to be, stripped back, basically what we heard in the "Get Back" documentary. Allegedly, when George Martin saw the credit "Produced by Phil Spector" he said "more like over-produced by Phil Spector!". Paul was furious that John and George had arranged for Spector to produce and re mix it while he was away on holiday and considered "The Long and Winding Road" to have been ruined.

The Beatles - Let It Be-Naked. It's the version Paul wanted it to be, stripped back, basically what we heard in the "Get Back" documentary. Allegedly, when George Martin saw the credit "Produced by Phil Spector" he said "more like over-produced by Phil Spector!". Paul was furious that John and George had arranged for Spector to produce and re mix it while he was away on holiday and considered "The Long and Winding Road" to have been ruined.
Hell of a soap…

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back