advertisement

Vaccine recipients....

I had Moderna booster after two Astra zenecas on Tuesday.

Daughter came home from school on Wednesday with a cough and had PCR that day , Thursday came back positive for corona but didn’t state which variety.

So she’s isolating and I’m waiting for any symptoms to appear. So far I’ve been completely free of any, so fingers crossed that this vaccination stuff seems to work.
If it does it'll be from the previous shots, I don't think a few days is enough time.

If it does it'll be from the previous shots, I don't think a few days is enough time.
Absolutely, they reckon a week for any reasonable response.

as had been said before many times , given the possibility of an asymptomatic reaction, I’ve no idea if I have it or have had it.

Daughter came home from school on Wednesday with a cough and had PCR that day , Thursday came back positive for corona but didn’t state which variety.
AFAIK, only Omicron can be differentiated from the others using a regular PCR test. If they had detected Omicron, they would have said so.

Had my booster last Tuesday. It was originally booked via the NHS website for today at a place I'd never heard of. But then got a text from my GP on Tuesday and had been jabbed at a partner practice up the road within an hour. Fantastic.

Then after a while I started having palpitations and discomfort. Kept an eye on it, and it still hadn't gone over the weekend. Consulted 111, told to speak to GP. Called GP this morning, told 'no one can speak to you, use an app called Livi'.

What? An app? With a website that spells customise with a z when it's trying to get my consent to use tracking & marketing cookies? Which I'm supposed to use to discuss my medical records? F that. And F that especially when some people are crap with phones etc.

Fortunately 111 has a 'my GP isn't available' button to click and receive a call back from a nurse. It's not exactly speaking to one's own GP, but at least it's not an app from god knows where. Hopefully the phone will ring before long...

Had my booster last Tuesday. It was originally booked via the NHS website for today at a place I'd never heard of. But then got a text from my GP on Tuesday and had been jabbed at a partner practice up the road within an hour. Fantastic.

Then after a while I started having palpitations and discomfort. Kept an eye on it, and it still hadn't gone over the weekend. Consulted 111, told to speak to GP. Called GP this morning, told 'no one can speak to you, use an app called Livi'.

What? An app? With a website that spells customise with a z when it's trying to get my consent to use tracking & marketing cookies? Which I'm supposed to use to discuss my medical records? F that. And F that especially when some people are crap with phones etc.

Fortunately 111 has a 'my GP isn't available' button to click and receive a call back from a nurse. It's not exactly speaking to one's own GP, but at least it's not an app from god knows where. Hopefully the phone will ring before long...

This is definitely worth having checked out, sooner rather than later. Poor show from your local practice; we don't have that problem around here. OK, it can take a while to get through, but a Doc will always call back when required and face to face consultations are available where required.

Do you have a nearby walk-in centre that you could visit?

https://www.nhs.uk/Service-Search/other-services/Walk-in centre/LocationSearch/663

If not, then A&E beckons, if no luck with your Doc or walk in.

I had my booster on Saturday morning, which was the Moderna one. My arm was a little sore on Sunday (but ok today) but no other reactions so far.

I do get a little frustrated with my GP at times. You can only call for prescriptions on a set number & set time (between 2-4pm which is prime forget slot) & if you call them you have to listen to a 5 minute message before getting to speak to someone. On occasions I have called, listens to the message & then the phone has just rung out.

Finally the pharmacy attached to it is absolutely crap & doesn’t open on Saturday. They never have anything ready, even simple things like inhalers.

For reference, these are the product names for anything you might have got from the NHS:
Comirnaty (Pfizer-BioNTech)
Vaxzevria (AstraZeneca)
Spikevax (Moderna)
Janssen Covid-19 Vaccine (... very imaginative, Johnson & Johnson)
Nuvaxovid (Novovax)

I do get a little frustrated with my GP at times. You can only call for prescriptions on a set number & set time (between 2-4pm which is prime forget slot) & if you call them you have to listen to a 5 minute message before getting to speak to someone. On occasions I have called, listens to the message & then the phone has just rung out.

Finally the pharmacy attached to it is absolutely crap & doesn’t open on Saturday. They never have anything ready, even simple things like inhalers.
We gave up with our local pharmacy
I recommend you sign up with Pharmacy2u.co.uk
Been with them for years now

Wife & I both had our boosters yesterday morning (Pfizer)

She's got a dead arm & sore neck

My arms fine but my neck & shoulders are in pieces and I started with the shivers at 2am and been at them since... Dosed up on paracetamol for now. Hoping it'll pass ASAP!

Should have seen the size of the needle the nurse used, she took one look at my arm, disappeared round the corner and came back with a knitting needle :eek:

The annoying thing is that it is a 5 minute walk away; pharmacies attached to surgeries tend to become lazy.
This one is next door to the surgery
The time spent queuing, waiting for dispensing or drugs not being available, return visits, queuing again put them out of contention
The amount of grief the boss had with them was epic

Daughter vaccinated with Pfizer yesterday at a centre in York, very busy but well organised. The whole family, parents on both sides included, have had nothing but very positive experiences with Covid vaccinations. We are still cautious and wear masks, hand sanitise and keep our distance.

Moderna booster around midday yesterday and I can report back a slight headache, a mildly tender arm, and a slight temperature (which is a blessing as my boiler's just gone on the blink for Christmas!).

I feel fortunate that we have access to this healthcare, free at the point of use.

The other half and I had our third jab some time ago.
She tested positive yesterday, with all the usual flu symptoms.
Damn.
I'm fine though, tested negative. Odd, because we do everything together (yes, that too). I wonder how this is even possible.

The other half and I had our third jab some time ago.
She tested positive yesterday, with all the usual flu symptoms.
Damn.
I'm fine though, tested negative. Odd, because we do everything together (yes, that too). I wonder how this is even possible.
That is odd indeed. Could she have caught it in the ‘ladies’ if you were out and about?

advertisement

Back