advertisement

Pink Floyd live sets on Streaming services

foxwelljsly

Me too, I ate one sour too.
Anyone else noticed the plethora of 1971 Floyd live sets that have just popped up on Spotify?

I'm way too busy with work to get into them at the moment, but they are all from my favourite Floyd era and am looking forward to having a listen over Xmas.

Was stupidly hoping for the November 71 tour show at Birmingham Town Hall to be included! I have never seen or heard of a recording of this gig in any format - unless anyone knows better of course.........................

Shame that they have not released the full 1973 Earls Court concert. Now that really would be worth listening to. I know the DSOTM section of that has been part of the Discovery/Immersion but the rest needs to be released.

Dived in a bit between work and children and I suspect these are copyright preservation releases. Amazing performances, but sub-soundboard quality in most cases.

Started listening to a Screaming AbDabs 1971 set - I say started because I could not finish it the sound was so poor. I appreciate that superfans want every release going but for those of us who are just regular but fairly enthusiastic Floyd fans, it is not good.

The best sounding recordings are already out in the Early Years box bar The Electric Factory and Montreux 70 sets.

advertisement

Back