advertisement

Vaccine recipients....

Friends who have had the Moderna has a more pronounced short term reaction a little flu-like for a day or so, a bit like some of us did with the first AZ. The others who had the Pfizer just reported a slightly sore arm but no such reaction.
Pretty much mirrors what I've heard.
Had my Moderna booster a couple of hours ago, arm is a little sore but I'm so pleased to have had it.

I think you may have misunderstood. I have had both vaccines & would have preferred the pfizer for my booster. Most round here have had this with symptoms lasting around 2 or 3 days, a week at most & those who had the Moderna round here have been quite unwell, me included. I wish i had waited a week & had the pfizer at my local doctors surgery, hence the regret.

I have a very high tolerance for illness but this is quite nasty. My heart is constantly pounding & my pulse is racing when i'm resting or up & about. Horrible, all night long & i have zero energy. Tried contacting 111, they told me to contact my Doctor who won't answer the phone. I'm not one for rushing off to the hospital until absolutely necessary.
Take it easy and carefully
Wonder if you are one of the very rare ones that had the jab into a blood vessel and are having heart related problems
Think about A&E

I think you may have misunderstood. I have had both vaccines & would have preferred the pfizer for my booster. Most round here have had this with symptoms lasting around 2 or 3 days, a week at most & those who had the Moderna round here have been quite unwell, me included. I wish i had waited a week & had the pfizer at my local doctors surgery, hence the regret.

I have a very high tolerance for illness but this is quite nasty. My heart is constantly pounding & my pulse is racing when i'm resting or up & about. Horrible, all night long & i have zero energy. Tried contacting 111, they told me to contact my Doctor who won't answer the phone. I'm not one for rushing off to the hospital until absolutely necessary.

Get professional medical advice straight away. This could be myocarditis, which is a known (but rare) side effect of mRNA vaccines. I was speaking with a tradesman who came around to quote for a job this morning. He's been diagnosed with this and has been told to rest up for 3 weeks, plus have treatment.

This is from Moderna (for US consumption)

"Myocarditis (inflammation of the heart muscle) and pericarditis (inflammation of the lining outside the heart) have occurred in some people who have received the Moderna COVID‑19 Vaccine, more commonly in males under 40 years of age than among females and older males. In most of these people, symptoms began within a few days following receipt of the second dose of the Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine. The chance of having this occur is very low. You should seek medical attention right away if you have any of the following symptoms after receiving the Moderna COVID‑19 Vaccine:

• Chest pain
  • Shortness of breath
  • Feelings of having a fast-beating, fluttering, or pounding heart"

This is from CDC:

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/safety/myocarditis.html

A&E

Pretty much mirrors what I've heard.
Had my Moderna booster a couple of hours ago, arm is a little sore but I'm so pleased to have had it.

The side effects took 12 hours to hit for me, so expect them around 2am. For me it was around 8 hours of fever, then 24 hours of weakness. Back to normal after about 36 hours.

It sort of gave me some comfort to have the side effects. At least I can have some confidence that the vaccine is training my immune system as designed. When I had my second pfizer I had zero side effects, not even a sore arm. I was suspicious that I received a dud dose.

Get professional medical advice straight away. This could be myocarditis, which is a known (but rare) side effect of mRNA vaccines. I was speaking with a tradesman who came around to quote for a job this morning. He's been diagnosed with this and has been told to rest up for 3 weeks, plus have treatment.

"Myocarditis (inflammation of the heart muscle) and pericarditis (inflammation of the lining outside the heart) have occurred in some people who have received the Moderna COVID‑19 Vaccine, more commonly in males under 40 years of age than among females and older males. In most of these people, symptoms began within a few days following receipt of the second dose of the Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine. The chance of having this occur is very low. You should seek medical attention right away if you have any of the following symptoms after receiving the Moderna COVID‑19 Vaccine:

• Chest pain
  • Shortness of breath

This is from CDC:

The NHS leaflet I got the other day says to "seek medical advice urgently" if such symptoms occur.

New it was an even bigger mistake coming on here, PANIC !!!

If you don't see me from here on in, have a party :D

New it was an even bigger mistake coming on here, PANIC !!!

If you don't see me from here on in, have a party :D

Sorry to hear that Ragaman I hope your symptoms are sorted quickly. How old are you if you don't mind me asking? I understood there were some very rare cases similar to those described in the leaflet mentioned, mostly in young people.

• Chest pain
  • Shortness of breath

This is from CDC:

Ooh, i'm back, panic over. My symptoms are mainly lethargy, with increased heart rate at times & increased pulse rate (could be stress or nerves, i have suffered with depression & anxiety disorder since i was 19) currently don't have breathlessness, just feel like shit at times with temperature going up now & again, but then i have had this happening for a few years. My first AZ jab knocked me about for a few days, lasting a full week before i felt normal, second jab i had virtually no symptoms.

Sorry to hear that Ragaman I hope your symptoms are sorted quickly. How old are you if you don't mind me asking? I understood there were some very rare cases similar to those described in the leaflet mentioned, mostly in young people.
54, so i'm an oldie. The very rare symptoms mentioned are incredibly rare & mainly in line with those below 30.

One thing I forgot to mention re the booster is my partner had to take the week off work-5 days on SSP isn't exactly generous.

The side effects took 12 hours to hit for me, so expect them around 2am. For me it was around 8 hours of fever, then 24 hours of weakness. Back to normal after about 36 hours.

It sort of gave me some comfort to have the side effects. At least I can have some confidence that the vaccine is training my immune system as designed. When I had my second pfizer I had zero side effects, not even a sore arm. I was suspicious that I received a dud dose.
By the time 8 hrs had elapsed I felt awful - Aching all over, very flu like.
Apart from a sore arm this morning I feel ok. Totally agree about the vaccine training the immune system, it do give a feeling of some confidence.

*Ragaman - Look after yourself*

Work meeting this morning - couple of Moderna-boosted people felt no effect, Pfizer-boosted people did - opposite to what some have reported here. A reminder that a lot of data is needed to draw firm conclusions in either direction?

Well 2 weeks after my booster I am still getting text messages from NHS and my GP practice(one from each today) saying that I should book my booster!. At least I feel wanted and important :).
A bit of a sore arm after the Pfizer booster which lasted a day.

Got Pfizer booster on Monday and had no symptoms whatsoever, not even a lump on my arm as per previous Pfizer for my second back in august but original AZ knocked me incapable for a week back in February.

I've been Pfizered all the way down. Ist jab, no effect; 2nd jab, mild overnight shivers; booster, no effect. Had Covid approx 9 months before the first jab, and have assumed this meant my immune system was already primed and didn't need to tool up in the way many people's would have needed to.

@richardg - you have no need to get a vaccine in France if you already have the digital proof of vaccination from Germany. The certificates are all cross-compatible within the EU, and any validation application will authorize a valid cert from any EU nation.

If you just show the QR Code plus your name, date-of-birth, and vaccination status, there’s no way for an official to even tell which country issued that certificate without first scanning it. At that point, the scanning app will say “Approved” and he can’t argue that it’s not valid.

advertisement

Back