advertisement

Jethro

A very sad day. I don’t think he’d been too well for a while. As a Cornishman, I fully appreciated his mannerisms and genius timing. He captured it all perfectly. Just looking at him walk on stage had me laughing. An old school friend wrote some of his material, I told him to write some new jokes!

RIP Geoff Rowe.

A great shame, a co worker and I used to listen to an audio tape of his constantly on the way to work
I was first introduced to the delights of Jethro by a group of Plymouth Brethren students I was teaching. They had an ‘illegal’ (to them) copy of a live performance on a Dictaphone tape that was being passed around the younger set within the Brethren community and they learned the jokes parrot fashion. It reminded me of how we would mimic Monty Python sketches back in the early 70’s but that was where the similarity ended. It was pure filth, hilarious filth but filth all the same if you were an upstanding member of the Brethren Community, which I might add I wasn’t. I thought it was wonderful and I still wonder to this day if their elders knew what was being circulated around their community.

RIP Jethro.

Saw him live in Frome a while back. I wasn’t expecting his jokes to be as rude as they were and was just melting into my seat laughing (& cringing). The old blue rinsers in the audience loved him, too, to my surprise :D I’ve never looked at rough & smooth tiles in the same way since :D

RIP Jethro

On winning the lottery: his wife asked if he’d still love her? To which he said: ‘I’d still love you, but I’d miss you.’

Saw him about 30 years ago, fabulously rude but very funny.

R.I.P. Jethro.

There’s a cracking joke of him checking into a hotel with his wife, who’s hard of hearing. If somebody here can find it, do please put it up here, it’s hilarious. I dare say it’s on YouTube, I’m just hopeless at doing stuff like that.

advertisement

Back