advertisement

Whisky II

I notice the Whisky Shop Auction is a "rolling" type with bottles continuously for sale. I think all the others have set start times which are once or twice a month.
The Whisky Shop also allows drop off at their shops which might be convenient. Other auction sites do pick ups...not sure how they work...you'd need to check.

I had a couple of Glenallchie 10 yo batch 5's last night. I think Billy Walker has picked up where he left off after moving from Glendronach, I though suspect a lot of the 'magic' is in the cask finish for a lot of the bottles. You'll definitely like the 15 yo.

I had a couple of Glenallchie 10 yo batch 5's last night. I think Billy Walker has picked up where he left off after moving from Glendronach, I though suspect a lot of the 'magic' is in the cask finish for a lot of the bottles. You'll definitely like the 15 yo.

I'm looking forward to it; saving it for Christmas Eve and my Christmas Day hip flask ;)

Could anybody provide information on selling whisky. I have four bottles of Japanese to sell. One Hibiki 17, 2 Hibiki 12 and a Taketsuru 17. The for sale price has gone trough the roof, so it would suit me to sell them.
Cheers.
Steve.

https://www.scotchwhiskyauctions.com/ if you haven't found them already. It's where I go to monitor prices, although haven't bought or sold through them, they seem to be thriving

I’ve used Scotch Whisky Auctions and they are excellent. I dropped off my bottles and got a written receipt then a detailed receipt by email a week or so later. Cash transferred to my account soon after auction closed. Their delivery charges are expensive so collect if you live in the Glasgow area. One tip I abided by was to avoid placing a reserve on bottles. Collectors know what they are looking for and how much they’re prepared to pay. Reserves can be off putting to potential bidders.

I’ve used Scotch Whisky Auctions and they are excellent. I dropped off my bottles and got a written receipt then a detailed receipt by email a week or so later. Cash transferred to my account soon after auction closed. Their delivery charges are expensive so collect if you live in the Glasgow area. One tip I abided by was to avoid placing a reserve on bottles. Collectors know what they are looking for and how much they’re prepared to pay. Reserves can be off putting to potential bidders.
Thanks for the info.
Cheers.

I've been drinking Glen Scotia 15 this evening, It's beautiful stuff.

Christmas in a glass is an overused term but this really does live up to it.

I've been meaning to get hold of a bottle of Victoriana but the 18 is quite close to the current price of that. Has anyone had the chance to compare them?

^^ Lovely... Great shop that in Pitlochry too :D

I've just poured the last dram of an Aberfeldy 12 YO; probably onto Classic Laddie next or I may go down the peated route...

advertisement

Back