advertisement

Bowers & Wilkins, pricing

graystoke4

pfm Member
Hi, ive been looking into new speakers, just lately, as my Wilson audio Sasha's are getting a bit old, looking at the new B&W 801 D4, reading a review on line from soundstage Australia, which like many others , they rate them very highly, at the end the price was quoted at Aus $ 52,900, which is £28,359, so how can they be cheaper in Aus, after shipping and tax's, why do the English always get a raw deal, from everyone, just looking in the usa they are $35,000, which is £26,300, today, it stinks,
these speakers should be £25,000, or less here in the UK< They are made in England aren't they :mad:

The thing is i would need a home demo, just to see if the base was not, to overwhelming, and that is up TWO flights of stairs, still all they do is slop around the store all day, they might welcome some exercise, :D

just looking in the usa they are $35,000, which is £26,300, today, it stinks,

I suspect that the price advertised in the US is pre-tax. A pre-tax price of £26,000 would attract £5,200 in VAT in the UK. Therefore, once you factor in the VAT, it looks like the UK price (£30K) is actually marginally less than that in the US.

yes depending if they pay the tax, and what the rate is, as i think every state has a different tax bracket, just been talking to a guy i know about this , he's on here , and he told me there is a word that importing countries call us, something like the golden country, as they can and DO charge us anything they want, always over everyone else, soft-touch , comes to mind, we get shafted all the time,

I've heard hi-end B&W speakers a couple of times and to be honest, I wasn't sold. They had a sort of glassy tonality which I found unnatural. Very clear and detailed though.

advertisement

Back