advertisement

Gathering in my old Polish friends ...

Happy birthday George, you are two days older than me! I hope you enjoy renewing your friendships as much as you deserve to.

Best wishes, George.

Live long and prosper as my people say.

Joe

All the best George, lived next door in Monmouthshire recently so have a very, very tenuous bond.
Cheers
Tony

Many happy returns. One of my dearest friends from primary school days through to early 20s was half Polish, his Dad came here in WW2, his Mum was from Liverpool (iirc) great family. He and his elder brother had brilliant taste in music and a GL75 with decent other bits I can't remember. Always good to meet up with old friends, wish I hadn't lost touch with Andreas.
Hope your day is everything you would wish it to be.

Happy birthday George!

I’ve a few Polish friends, the family next door are Polish, I pop to the pub sometimes with the father of the family. I’m also good friends with a beautiful girl called Oliwia, she’s holidayed with me a few times, took to Greece in 2019 and she’d wanted to take me to Poland… pandemic has put that on hold, can’t wait to go.

Happy Birthday George. Glad you are sounding more chipper as you seemed rather down in the mouth on some recent posts...

Thank for all the relies. I spoke again to Ola and Lukasz yesterday as well as my favourite cousin Patti, which rounded out a nice day. I had two unexpected and completely unplanned guests at ten in the morning. Delightful but it would have been nice to be slightly prepared!

And then I was supposed to go for late pub lunch with my cousin Ian, but it was not to be. It was delightful that he did call in anyway, but I had my flu jab on Saturday and it quite bowled me. Rough as a badger's proverbial.

So I actually went to bed very shortly after it got dark, and of course worked today, so catching up now.

a.palfreyman

For the avoidance of any doubt about being quiet, or down in the mouth: Of course one can look at the state of the world and be far from optimistic, but the reality here is different. Last August I became - of necessity - self-employed. I think that the contracted employeee is not so rarely treated as a sort of cheap bonded labour from personal experience. So being my own master is great. You sack the client, not the other way round!

But consequently I have been working harder [if in contented fashion] than in my employed days, and yes, after a scramble I am gradually getting out of complete poverty. So if I post rarely, and may seem sometimes subdued, it is simply tiredness, rather than a surfeit of pessimism.

Come next year, I'll be firing on all cylinders again!

Best wishes to everyone here. Thanks for the replies.

And have a great Christmas and contented New Year! From George

Happy belated 60th Birthday for yesterday George.

It sounds like you had a few nice surprises and visits.

Hopefully, you are feeling better today.

advertisement

Back