advertisement

The 2021 F1 Season.

Max just stacked it in his final run of Q3...bad luck really as he was properly gunning it and would have taken Pole by a big margin.

That could haunt Verstappen for a very long time.
Red Bull have stated they won’t hesitate to change the gearbox if it shows any potential issues at all.

Although I am a BIG Lewis supporter the performance of Max in his session was awesome and I was fully behind what could have been an absolute monster lap.
When exceptional skill and available performance of equipment are at the maximum you put aside any silly rivalry and just want to see/experience what could have been a lap of a lifetime.
Such a shame but Max is young and I expect he will have the chance again in the future.

Although I am a BIG Lewis supporter the performance of Max in his session was awesome and I was fully behind what could have been an absolute monster lap.
When exceptional skill and available performance of equipment are at the maximum you put aside any silly rivalry and just want to see/experience what could have been a lap of a lifetime.
Such a shame but Max is young and I expect he will have the chance again in the future.
Maximum Attack Max. He definitely left it all out there. Probably the outright fastest driver on the grid.

That was exciting, what a great track, I'm not sure it was bad luck, he just overcooked into the turn and run wide on the exit, should be an interesting race tomorrow, hopefully his car will stay together for the race making it a fair fight :)

I see that Max has had a lesson regarding how wide a track actually is/how many wheels fit outside.

PS Jokes aside that track doesn’t look at all safe. I understand Monaco being kept in the calendar for historical/sentimental reasons, but I’d have expected new tracks to have clear overflow/crash zones etc. Those walls look pretty hard and immobile, plus lots of blind-spots. I’d be amazed we get to the finish line tomorrow without incident.

Monaco has been there forever, drivers know what it's like. Jeddah is a construction, simulators are great but miss a few vitals, like jeopardy. Max's lap started a bit ragged, he appeared to clip a wall or at least raise dust, the rest, up to the last turn was truly brave, inspired, possibly reckless. He pushed a touch too much. I was worried before I tuned in that I might see something I really didn't't want to, I shall feel the same way about tomorrows race.

70s despot dictator Idi Amin retired to Jeddah after he left Uganda and was accompanied by his entourage and exotic animals.

Last edited:
If anyone watched the F2 race after F1 qualifying one of the F2 cars smashed into the wall on one of the very fast corners all it needed was one of the following pack to run wide and that car would have smashed into the side of the crashed car with one can only imagine the outcome for both drivers being slim, there was no time for marshalls to signal to the following pack about the accident.

It's a dangerous track, it has a 10 year contract I can only wonder how long before there is a really serious accident.

Here is the F2 crash

That was a lot of fun, very nail biting for me. I am glad we had a penalty free fight in the end although many RB fans are spitting feathers in some forums. The final lap from VER was scary fast, right up until he binned it. I do wonder whether RB had read the various reports that if you get ahead it will be impossible to be overtaken in Jeddah and thereby set the car up for best one lap pace or if it just very fast here. I suspect that they went all out for one lap pace, I am reminded of VER first lap in FP1 on hard tyres and out of the box on a green track went over a second quicker than the soft runners. If they have gambled on that and the race pace is not there, it might be a long race for them.

I hope for a decent race and that he does not need a gearbox change but if he does, I wonder how difficult GAS and TSU will be to overtake? Fairly sure the call from Horner will be going in and with PER a foregone conclusion a 5 place penalty is only a 2 place.

God, I get so tired of hearing that things aren't 'safe'.

Racing, isn't 'safe'. Lots of things in life aren't safe. The whole point of a track is to be challenging, the race is as much for the spectators as it is the drivers, if we put them tall running in a straight line with a nice gentle banked corner at the end, its entirely pointless. I like the track, and it's definitely going to be the talent separator as we saw with MAx. If crashes happen, they happen, the pay packets involved in the sport are inclusive of that 'risk', you don't get in a car like that and do what they do without the fear or even expectation of. a crash or death.

Bring on the danger.

It doesn't look like a track that allows a lot of overtaking on track, well not so much for these big F1 cars, but it's hard to see today's race unfolding without some incident and positions being gained/lost during safety periods, plus the usual potential of position change at pit stops. I can easily see there being big winners out there for those who happen to be in the right place at the right time, while for those who've just driven past pit entry when a safety period begins, well that's racing.

Racing, isn't 'safe'. Lots of things in life aren't safe. The whole point of a track is to be challenging, the race is as much for the spectators as it is the drivers, if we put them tall running in a straight line with a nice gentle banked corner at the end, its entirely pointless. I like the track, and it's definitely going to be the talent separator as we saw with MAx. If crashes happen, they happen, the pay packets involved in the sport are inclusive of that 'risk', you don't get in a car like that and do what they do without the fear or even expectation of. a crash or death.

Bring on the danger.

Danger is fine. Huge speed differentials between cars at 180-200mph and others at a walking pace, hidden around a flat out corner isn’t. Things go wrong. Ask Billy Monger.

Bring on the danger.

I't was certainly an interesting track to watch qualifying on and as a spectator exciting to watch, however very high speed corners, no sight lines, no run off, racing at night and the chance of cars coming back onto the racing line after a crash makes it a risky track. I'm not with you on the bring on the danger i'm afraid, not on closed circuit racing, where the risk should be manged as much as possible there's a point where racing goes from exciting to wince inducing.
It's horrible to witness a crash and victory when a driver/rider walks away. I'm sure it'll be a great race and will be packed with incidents, lets hope they are all relatively minor and well managed.

advertisement

Back