advertisement

Gathering in my old Polish friends ...

George J

Herefordshire member
Tomorrow I am 60 years old, and born only 16 smiles from my present and last residence in Herefordshire.

My working life has been eventful, but not really interesting. It was [and still Is] basically physically demanding, so I am pretty much as old as some of 80 years.

But in my career I have worked with some very good people. Colleagues, friends [some of them] but all regarded with at least respect, and some with genuine affection. I have to say that most of my work colleagues who became friends were the wave of Polish who came to the UK from 2005. And this week I have remade contact with two who not only worked with me but for three years shared a house with me and two other Poles. That was an experience. One English man in a house with five Poles. it worked out quite well.

No names on the internet of course, for obvious reasons, but my good friend Lukasz ... has made email contact today as the result of my good and continuous friend Szymon ... [from Opole] who asked me if he might pass my phone number to Lukasz.

I might even have to go to Poland again. Ferry/train - never flying again ... Wodka in Warsaw and Opole! What could be nicer?

Lukasz, said that he wishes we had not have had a silence for ten years. He realised that I was no fool. What a compliment.

Sixty tomorrow and some friends are coming home to roost!

Best wishes from George

Last edited:
Happy Birthday George.

You're one of the few ever presents in my virtual life since I joined PFM and the Naim forum in 2005, when you were a sprightly 44 year old!

Have a great day and many more good years.

ATB(!)

John

Happy Birthday George, I’m so glad you’re reconnecting with old friends. Hope you have a lovely day.

Happy birthday Fredrik keep the contacts. Last Friday we were in a bar 1000 feet underground in Katowice, quite an experience!!

Back in Spain so a will have a glass of Rioja for you at lunchtime.

Best wishes

FF

Happy Birthday George.

You're one of the few ever presents in my virtual life since I joined PFM and the Naim forum in 2005, when you were a sprightly 44 year old!

Have a great day and many more good years.

ATB(!)

John
Only just put two and two together to realise this is the same George from the Naim forum.
Doh!

Happy Birthday George.

What a lovely positive message to post George.
Have a wonderful day and carry on getting lots of one of the most important things from life - the company of friends.

advertisement

Back