advertisement

Freezing me ‘nads off

The weather reports for the Cairngorm may not have been entirely accurate:

172173511.JaaodbdQ.jpg

Ludo is very pleased:

172173515.K5teig2J.jpg
Hope you've got leccy. Supposed to be snowing here according to the weather app but it's all melted away and doing nowt of the sort

Hope you've got leccy. Supposed to be snowing here according to the weather app but it's all melted away and doing nowt of the sort

Not only have we got electricity but the central heating did come back on after the power cut last weekend, so the house was warm when we got here.

Drive up wasn't too bad although quite wet - there was a bad accident on the A9 near Dalwhinnie that closed the A9 for quite a while but was easy enough to get round.

The weather reports for the Cairngorm may not have been entirely accurate:

172173511.JaaodbdQ.jpg

Ludo is very pleased:

172173515.K5teig2J.jpg
Great. Time for chasing snowballs. dogs never tire of that one, and I never tire of watching their expression of bemusement as yet another one disappears and they rummage around trying to find it.

I was born in ‘68, I never lived with central heating until the house we’re in now, bought in 1999, thinking about it, same for wife, a year younger than me.

It’s grim up north :).
That's late! I'm your age, I remember electric warm air heating in the 70s, which was never very good but OK if topped up with a fire, then an oil boiler and conventional CH system in the 80s. I bought my first house in 95, CH was all but universal in Leeds by then. A few smaller houses and flats had storage heaters.

That's late! I'm your age, I remember electric warm air heating in the 70s, which was never very good but OK if topped up with a fire, then an oil boiler and conventional CH system in the 80s. I bought my first house in 95, CH was all but universal in Leeds by then. A few smaller houses and flats had storage heaters.
Mum and dad never had it, just a coal fire in the kitchen and a gas fire in the room, all we had then were a paraffin heater for the whole of upstairs and then one in the shop. I moved out into a terrace and only had a coal open fire, then when we moved in 1999 we had central heating, yippee!

Just to add, I never missed it because I’d never had it, and you always find a way of staying warm. Obviously as a kid growing up it didn’t register, you didn’t notice, just put a jumper on etc, was never thought about.

My neighbour has no central heating at all ,and not much heating he is an incredible fellow , I freeze when I go to see him !! Quite an advantage I guess if there is a powercut

advertisement

Back