advertisement

Show me your hifi cabinet, not stands, cabinets.

I use an old Quadraspire cabinet that has 3 internal glass shelves and another atop the cabinet on 140mm legs.

JlByO3mh.jpg

Here is mine. It is a bespoke build by Stump Furniture.

49305659858_13a72d1eab_c.jpg

Possibly a better angle, but a much older shot:
21293830213_325f739207_c.jpg

You can squeeze a fair amount of gubbins in the unit:

49306361532_68cb17f2c2_c.jpg

Cost me about £850 hand made to my specifications and delivered. I think that was about 5 years ago now but it might be longer.

Have a look at the Ikea TV units. You might have to buy 2 double units and cut one in half to go together

TV Stands - TV Units - IKEA

Mine is from a company that I think has now gone bust, but a lot of those furniture companies that do reproduction mid century furniture do similar things. I don't keep much inside though as it tends to get pretty hot in there with the doors closed.

Nice unit, what's the internal arrangement like? The OP needs to get 6 x full width cases inside.

Mine is from a company that I think has now gone bust, but a lot of those furniture companies that do reproduction mid century furniture do similar things. I don't keep much inside though as it tends to get pretty hot in there with the doors closed.

I like that a lot, that’s the sort of thing I’m after. Do you happen to remember the firm? Even though they’ve gone bust I’ll add to eBay search.

I like that a lot, that’s the sort of thing I’m after. Do you happen to remember the firm? Even though they’ve gone bust I’ll add to eBay search.

They were called Blue Sun Tree. If you type mid century credenza, or something similar you will get loads of results - especially if you include the wood/colour you want

Vintage MCM credenza. The main rig sits on top, but the tuner, cassette deck and HDCD player all reside in the cabinet. The drawers on the left are great for all sorts of hi-fi goodies /accessories. Having a cabinet to support all my gear might not be the most audiophile solution, but it hides the cables nicely and is good for domestic harmony.
gi.mpl

advertisement

Back