advertisement

Coronavirus - the new strain XXII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Odd you should say that - I was just thinking that too, the first dose?

I don't know which dose. But it is odd that some folk, me being one, had zero side effects whatsoever from either jab - aside from a bruise at the injection site - and others were really poorly for potentially up to a week!

Of course there is every chance I am asymptomatic and have already had it, along with many others.

Anyway, moving on; I had my booster yesterday (Pfizer) - originally had booked an appointment for 23rd Dec but got one at a walk in centre on the off-chance, and it's knocked me for six. Uncanny replication of many of the symptoms I experienced when I had Covid: headache, earache, all over body pains, fatigue, struggling to sleep. Feeling marginally better and hoping that carries on but ultimately pleased I have had it done now rather than risk having Xmas a complete write off as it was last year.

My booster (Wednesday, moderna) has been much more tolerable than my 2nd dose. The booster has led to a sore arm and a couple of days of tiredness. Shot #2 had me lying on the couch for a couple of days and out of sorts for a week.

Had Moderna booster on Monday no side effects but very sore arm around the needle site. I am having the flu jab next week so hoping that will be ok.

Fingers crossed for a good Xmas.

I don't know which dose. But it is odd that some folk, me being one, had zero side effects whatsoever from either jab - aside from a bruise at the injection site - and others were really poorly for potentially up to a week!

Of course there is every chance I am asymptomatic and have already had it, along with many others.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8152224/

"There is a significant statistical association between the development of COVID-19 and the occurrence of stronger side effects after the first dose of the vaccine (103), and in those who had not previously had COVID-19, stronger side effects occurred after the second dose of the vaccine"

First shot - nothing, like a flu shot. Second shot, wallop, on the couch for a couple of days and fatigued for a week. This is quite common with moderna.

I was knocked flat and very horizontally at that for a day and a bit after my first shot (adenovirus-based AZ), and knocked flat for most of a day after my second (mRNA-based funky cold Moderna). A coworker who had the same shots felt fine after hers. It's odd how the side effects vary so much from person to person and vaccine to vaccine.

Somewhat related to the baring of souls ... I've lost a family member to COVID, who was infected by a neighbour in the months before any vaccine was available. He had a short visit outside over a hedge unmasked. He passed it on to his wife, son and daughter, all of whom were hospitalized for weeks with one person needing ventilation. Thankfully she survived but she is now a widow. I've also lost a coworker who did not want to get vaccinated.

Joe

I had Covid in November 2020 with mild symptoms tiredness and loss of taste and smell. Two PCR tests confirmed it, however I had no Covid antibodies in my blood until my first Jab (I'm regularly tested by the ONS). From what I have read and been told it is likely that my Killer T cells took care of the Covid before any antibodies were produced. I was lucky. Must have just had a very weak infection. My first jab (Astra) caused worse symptoms than Covid itself and the second jab of Astra wiped me out within 6 minutes. I sat dizzy in the car for more than an hour and struggled with flu symptoms for two days. Yesterday I had my booster which was Pfizer. Without doubt the very worst flu symptoms that I've ever had but for the temperature, which was only slightly raised. Every muscle aches and I'm completely wiped out. I think the jabs are working but it's hard to be happy when you feel this shit!

I’m pretty sure I had Covid in January last year - I work closely with some colleagues who’d been at a conference in China just after new year, and for a few weeks afterward lots of us in the London office were off with fluey type symptoms, high temperatures, sore throats, coughs and fatigue that lasted for weeks. It might have just been regular flu of course, but when I had my first dose of AZ it knocked me flat for a few days whereas the second resulted in only a sore arm for a day. I had a Moderna booster on Wednesday and that didn’t cause any major symptoms but I have been very fatigued and achy again until today. Fingers crossed that whatever the combination can now help prevent future infections being too bad.

I wonder if there is a link between those who are crocked by the jab and those who would be/were crocked by covid?

Not sure. After my first jab, I had similar symptoms, though not as pronounced. Second jab, almost nothing, apart from the sensation that felt like spiders walking all over me - and now this one.

If staff aren't being told to wear them by their employer then it's doomed to fail.

They may have an exemption. One chap at Aldi had a lanyard with a 6" x4" sign hanging from it explaining that he had a hidden illness that prevented him from wearing a mask.
Is this what it's come to?

AFAIK I've not had COVID, and all 3 of my jabs have been Pfizer. I had the last one on 22nd November. None of them produced any side effects with me, but my wife, who had the same jabs as me, was knocked out by the booster, more than the first two, which didn't really affect her. She does have epilepsy and ME though, so this would undoubtedly have been a factor.

I wonder if there is a link between those who are crocked by the jab and those who would be/were crocked by covid?

My daughter's boyfriend (christ he's 35, that's not a boy!) had his 1st dose a day or so before we went to stay over. He was really rough, looked grey and sweaty, dark rings round the eyes etc. Normally a fit lad, plays cricket at a decent level. Co-incidentally we visited again just after his 2nd jab/g, same again, possibly worse. I'm in my 60s 2 shots AZ and a Pfizer booster no prob. This is a strange bug.

Like me.
No effects whatsoever to 2 AZ doses originally and a Pfizer booster.
I am 69 which may or may not be significant.

I have had 1 AZ (which was wiped out by medical treatments) and then 3 Pfizer (normal 2 and then the 3rd, 2 months later).

In all 4 cases I have had flu symptoms (fever and body aches) that left me unable to do much for a few days. The last one was the least bad, but still not nice to go through.

As posted in another thread I’ve been Pfizered twice with only a sore arm as an after-effect. Not due for a booster for a few months yet. I believe AZ is the favoured future booster here in AO/NZ.

Unless I’m wrong, theoretically I should have greater reactions. I’ve been on corticosteroids for over twenty years for asthma & allergies. Long term use apparently depresses the immune system yet I rarely get sick. (Skin atrophy is a bastard, though.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back