advertisement

Star Trek: Original Series • Discovery • Picard • Lower Decks • Prodigy • Strange New Worlds

Within 72 hours of the new series beginning Netflix have announced they have lost the rights to Star Trek Discovery which will not now be on Netflix but on Paramount’s new streaming service starting next year.
Bollocks!

It's always been on CBS/Paramount in the US.

Not a massive loss. Star Trek Discovery was poor. I’m surprised they renewed it for another season.

There’s always season 2 of Picard……… ugh

(as an indication of quality I think we can all remember the names of crew members in TOS and TNG… but I can only remember Burnham and Tilly from Discovery… and something about mushrooms powering the ship)

Tilly’s most memorable line: “That’s the power of math people!” Think about that for a moment, a Starfleet officer… or any Naval officer… coming out with that beauty.

Bring on The Expanse and Season 3 of The Orville!

O...M...G..., a Spock parade! The kid at the bottom right might be me, at least in spirit.

dMXyxnj.png

Joe

STD, just caught up.
Episode 1, decent enough and moved along well.
Episode 2, total schlopp, cringe worthy.

Tilly’s most memorable line: “That’s the power of math people!” Think about that for a moment, a Starfleet officer… or any Naval officer… coming out with that beauty.
TO be fair, Tilly has come out with a couple of Lower Decks-worthy one liners.

I haven't been following this thread but just here to say that I'm now some episodes into season 3 of TOS, my first time watching it (having been a kid during TNG's run). It's good.
TNG next, I guess.

I must be one of the few that likes Discovery and Picard. In fact I like all the TV shows especially Deep Space Nine. I haven't seen any of the animated stuff, will have to give lower Decks a go. The films are another matter, with a few stinkers in there.

Hmm... I thought Discovery the best of all the series! (other than TOS natch). I'm watching in star date order and have just finished the epic TNG (in a bit under a year), which in some ways I thought to be the least good of all that I've so far seen... but still good so no regrets:) Just started on DS9 which in effect seems to be a continuation of TNG in as much as this time the star date order is the same as the production order so there is a direct follow on from one to another, same film crew, director, some characters we know still involved (I thought O'Brien had died though?).

Season 1 is fresh, funny and full of in-jokes. Season 2 felt a bit flat in comparison. But worth a watch if you like Trek!

Thanks, I’ll give it a go.

can’t beat TNG and TOS. I think Discovery is all style over substance and lots of people hugging each other. Picard is an odd one. It often feels like he’s a passenger in his own series and, from a personality standpoint, he’s a total shadow of his former self.

advertisement

Back