advertisement

G.E.C. BCS 1851 speaker help

Walloffound

I just acquired a pair of these vintage speakers. I can barely find any information about them online. I tried them as the are without cabinet and right away it was a virus they are very good quality drivers from another era. Aluminium cones ! And rubber surrounds. Nice looking drivers in great condition.

Does anyone have any experience or info on these? I’d like to build a cabinet and need help with dimensions.

thanks

You can find more information on this speaker including advice on cabinet and amplification requirements. in the 1950s G.E.C. publication ' Art and science in sound reproduction ' ' by F. H. Brittain. Pages 49-52

Thanks i just looked and I was able to find a copy of that book online. It mentions that a ported and tuned cabinet is best but doesn’t give any suggested dimensions. According to the text a second best cabinet type is a sealed cabinet with at least 2 cubic feet of volume

I have a single driver if anyone wants a second ?
There was a matching gold gec tweeter too, that went on to be used in alot of loudspeakers in the 60s and 70s

advertisement

Back