advertisement

System Pics 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Budget and domestic harmony are the main challenges !
You have a beautiful house, your wife will be happy...
I don't see any problems of domestic harmony.

One TT with MM cartridge and one with MC is the perfect balanced solution for a good listening.
Removing the central pot, there is room for a third one.....(a pulley or direct drive, for example...)

You have a beautiful house, your wife will be happy...
I don't see any problems of domestic harmony.

One TT with MM cartridge and one with MC is the perfect balanced solution for a good listening.
Removing the central pot, there is room for a third one.....(a pulley or direct drive, for example...)

:D The “think yourself lucky we haven’t got 3” approach might just work !

Hey Jake, trust all’s well fella.

TW Raven AC / Raven 10.5 / AT ART9 / Rothwell SUT
AN TT2 Deluxe / AN Arm3 / AN IQ3
AN M6 Phono
AN 3.1 Balanced ii Dac
AN-E LX Signature speakers
NAF 845 SE Amp hiding in the middle.

Two turntables is not sustainable ! I’m trying to decide which one to keep but it’s taking longer than I thought !

I’m good mate, we’ve moved house and I’m sans system at the moment whilst we basically rebuild what we’ve bought, so nice to be able to hifi vicariously through pics like yours :)

Very very nice … you know you’re going to have to go Io/ AN SUT don’t you? The AN arm would be ideal for that, if that has any bearing on what to keep TT wise …

I’m good mate, we’ve moved house and I’m sans system at the moment whilst we basically rebuild what we’ve bought, so nice to be able to hifi vicariously through pics like yours :)

Very very nice … you know you’re going to have to go Io/ AN SUT don’t you? The AN arm would be ideal for that, if that has any bearing on what to keep TT wise …

Hang in there fella, the tunes will be back soon ! Hope it’s all going to plan.
Yes, that’s definitely on my radar but it’s an expensive itch to scratch, plus opportunities are very rare !

We're having some fairly hefty building work done at home at the moment which means a patina of dust is invading pretty much the whole house. As a result, the LP12 is now sealed into its box, away from such contamination. I tend to use the Node 2i/Mojo for the majority of my listening anyway, it's just a great bit of kit with a well thought-out UI...

Mojo by Boxertrixter, on Flickr

We're having some fairly hefty building work done at home at the moment which means a patina of dust is invading pretty much the whole house. As a result, the LP12 is now sealed into its box, away from such contamination. I tend to use the Node 2i/Mojo for the majority of my listening anyway, it's just a great bit of kit with a well thought-out UI...

Mojo by Boxertrixter, on Flickr

Lovely pic of a simple setup. Went through the building/dust last year (yes, through the pandemic to boot) and likewise had the hifi packed away! Are you on headphones or speakers?

Do you find the Mojo is an improvement over the Bluesound’s DAC?

Definitely :)

The Node's internal DAC isn't too shabby - perfectly listenable in fact - but the Mojo undoubtedly gives a worthwhile lift. I had been running it into my trusty old Teac UD-H01 - a DAC which has seen off pretty much every other I've tried in my system (including a certain Italian one at £2.5k). Been really pleased with the Mojo though, although this one could do with the battery replacing (I got the Mojo for a good price) but as I can get 3-4 hours on a full charge it's not too bad.

@Whaleblue - thanks. I'm running it into amp and speakers as normal, just the turntable's packed away. To be honest, this little rig's so good I'm not missing it.

Last edited:
Back to Class A (Hybrid). The Technics SU-R1000 was a disaster...

DDtx7s6.jpg

G6dLYm5.jpg

N6igucG.jpg

oh no, you seemed so happy with it. What happened?

There was an error with the MC phono input. Every time you switched over to it, the left channel was silent then came in with a loud click / crack about 10 seconds later (visible on the VU meters too).

Sent back twice along with video / explanation. They couldn't repair it so unfortunately that was that.

I did try to email Technics directly about it (rather than Panasonic) but nothing really came of it. Shame as I did like the unit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back