advertisement

Sennheiser and Oidio Sound.

Canton

pfm Member
Bought a pair of hd660s to use with an A&K sr25- love them both.
Found Oidio Sound, a Uk firm supplying adapters and cables to make use of the 2.5mm balanced output on the A&K.
Despite the sensible warnings on the website regarding supply train problems and Xmas delays the cable I ordered arrived within two working days, incredibly promptly, with a biscuit!
It’s a genuine sennheiser balanced cable with a new plug.
Terrific service, really pleasing.
Also for anyone using this gear- buy a balanced cable or an adaptor 2.5mm male to 4.4mm female.I think it’s transformative. The soundstage is much bigger, a mist I didn’t know was there has disappeared, and instruments have much more definition in space.
Best of all- the bass has stopped playing hide and seek! There it is, a much more strongly defined part of the music!
Happy days!

Bought a pair of hd660s to use with an A&K sr25- love them both.
Found Oidio Sound, a Uk firm supplying adapters and cables to make use of the 2.5mm balanced output on the A&K.
Despite the sensible warnings on the website regarding supply train problems and Xmas delays the cable I ordered arrived within two working days, incredibly promptly, with a biscuit!
It’s a genuine sennheiser balanced cable with a new plug.
Terrific service, really pleasing.
Also for anyone using this gear- buy a balanced cable or an adaptor 2.5mm male to 4.4mm female.I think it’s transformative. The soundstage is much bigger, a mist I didn’t know was there has disappeared, and instruments have much more definition in space.
Best of all- the bass has stopped playing hide and seek! There it is, a much more strongly defined part of the music!
Happy days!
Indeed, the difference between the single-ended and balanced headphone outputs on the SR25 really is night and day, many orders of magnitude greater than other headphone amps I've tested. Those who believe that a balanced** headphone output cannot deliver more definition and space simply need to borrow an SR25 for a few minutes!

** when I say balanced I really mean differential drive, but fewer people are familiar with this terminology.

advertisement

Back