advertisement

What goes best

Dean Jordan

pfm Member
Hey. After selling off all of my system to afford a wedding I'm trying to get back in the game so far I have b&w cm1 speakers and just purchased an audiolab 6000a amp.

Wondering if any one has had either what cables you used to good effect speaker cable and interconnect wise. Just ideas for my search ahead. I'm a big fan of chord and supra but have also had qed and audioquest in my time.

Thanks for your thoughts in advance.

Dean

Weird; I sold my system to (part) fund a wedding as well Dean, about 12 years ago. It was a full on Naim jobby (CDS3/555PS/252/SC/135s/SBLs). The marriage foundered, and I'm now on my second but I'm sure your luck will be better.

The prevailing wisdom is not to over-invest in cable-foo. I've built back up to something reasonable, but the cabling (Flashback for I/Cs, Van Damme for speaker) is cheap relative to the rest of the system and works because it's a reasonable amount of decent copper designed in a non-faddish way. .

bloody hell! ,selling off your prized system to get/afford marriage?....
my system stayed put when i got married and was upgraded when required...
we're still happily married with a decent audio system ;).

Hi Dean

Well done for putting real life an happiness first! I wish you every success. Your question: I have no idea what goes best, but that is for you to decide anyway. If you would like free trial of EWA Starting Point speaker cables and interconnects, you would be most welcome, look into the EWA tour thread. Otherwise, Del Monaco's suggestions are very good.

Bloody hell! ,selling off your prized system to get/afford marriage?....

My sentiments exactly. Besides, I can't remember either of my marriages costing much. In chronological order, my audio system long predated thoughts of splicing, and hasn't caused any interference in the pursuit of procreation, moving property or whatever. Now the divorce......a different matter entirely but I won't amplify that. :)

advertisement

Back