advertisement

Alan Hull Documentary

I’ll be catching it up tomorrow……I hate to see you cry, one of my favourite songs of all time from his solo album Pipe Dream. Mind you, all of the band were very talented and as already mentioned, cracking to see live.

Crossed wires at Chez Mull. Mrs Mull decided she didn't like what I was watching on telly and started searching the 'Guide'.

She came up with 'A Documentary about Alan Hull from Lindisfarne'.

I replied. 'Never heard of him..and I'm not that bothered about Lindisfarne as a band anyway..'

She responded. It's not about the band..it's about a folk singer from Lindisfarne..the island...

At this point she went back to playing solitaire on the PC and I nodded off...

But..I will check this out on the iPlayer. I could have something to learn... Unlikely.. but Hey!! :)

Crossed wires at Chez Mull. Mrs Mull decided she didn't like what I was watching on telly and started searching the 'Guide'.

She came up with 'A Documentary about Alan Hull from Lindisfarne'.

I replied. 'Never heard of him..and I'm not that bothered about Lindisfarne as a band anyway..'

She responded. It's not about the band..it's about a folk singer from Lindisfarne..the island...

At this point she went back to playing solitaire on the PC and I nodded off...

But..I will check this out on the iPlayer. I could have something to learn... Unlikely.. but Hey!! :)
Ignorance is bliss eh?

I have seen Lindisfarne a fair few times over the years, with various line ups, always good, they played the Students Union at Staffordshire Poly when I was a student there early 1980s.
Is the college gig circuit still a thing? cheap beer and live music what's not to like! . Giving a listen to their double live album Magic in the Air.

I’ll be catching it up tomorrow……I hate to see you cry, one of my favourite songs of all time from his solo album Pipe Dream. Mind you, all of the band were very talented and as already mentioned, cracking to see live.

Brilliant album but I have to be in the right frame of mind to play that track otherwise it is just too emotionally charged. Never saw AH solo shows but Lindisfarne were one of the great festival bands of the 70's

Watching this now, its very good, amazing how this group has dropped off the radar despite being quite big. I may have to investigate this group further & his solo output further.

Excellent documentary to watch. I've known Lindisfarne for most of my life, but I've only really scraped the surface with Hull and the classic Lindisfarne line-up. Fortunately, I have most of the Hull studio Lindisfarne albums on vinyl, but sadly, I'm missing the debut, Nicely Out of Tune. I'll see what I can pickup from Alan Hull's personal discography too. I might have to settle for what I can get reasonably, the CDs and vinyl are pricey atm. Perhaps, the documentary has spiked interest and prices? Hull's solo Pipedream and Squire seem to be the best place to start.

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
There is a couple of decent looking best ofs readily available but they do appear to have dropped massively off the radar.

It would be nice to see some represses on CD and Vinyl. It seems a good time to do that. I inherited most of my Lindisfarne vinyl, but I haven't really given it much of a listen. I'm now planning to do just that.

I currently have Pipedream on the record player, lovely album. Fog on the Tyne was a No.1 album back in the day, some great stuff on there.

I think bands that were never ‘fashionable’ seem to fade from the collective memory quicker. Slade are another example apart from that song.

advertisement

Back