advertisement

All purpose football thread 2021-2022 season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right to left, I’m going with Pleat, Allen , Clemence, Hoddle,Silett, no idea, Oggy, Regis and then no idea. I stand to be corrected.
No idea is Kilcline. A great signing and the first by Keegan when he first took over as manager at Utd.

Ah
No idea is Kilcline. A great signing and the first by Keegan when he first took over as manager at Utd.
Ah yes Kevin Kilcline - the only bloke on Tyneside with a bigger permed mullet than Keegan himself. There was a lot of mullet action around then in Geordie land - Phillipe Albert, somebody Peacock and a large dark haired centre forward that reminded me of Bob Caljoles….

Ah

Ah yes Kevin Kilcline - the only bloke on Tyneside with a bigger permed mullet than Keegan himself. There was a lot of mullet action around then in Geordie land - Phillipe Albert, somebody Peacock and a large dark haired centre forward that reminded me of Bob Caljoles….

He ditched the Mullet for a Hairy Biker look...

6720.jpg

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/mar/30/brian-kilcline-footballer-coventry-city

Sad Ray Kennedy ex Arsenal and Liverpool player has died aged 70 great player and part of the first real dominating Liverpool sides . My condolences to his family and friends.

Very sad news, open to correction but did he have health problems not related to football towards the end of his career?

Sad Ray Kennedy ex Arsenal and Liverpool player has died aged 70 great player and part of the first real dominating Liverpool sides . My condolences to his family and friends.

I watched a documentary on him some years back. It was very sad to see what the Illness did to him.

RIP.

He joined Liverpool when I was very young (when he won his third European Cup I was only 13) so my memories of watching him live are obviously sketchy. He always seemed the most graceful of the midfield which contained Souness, Case and McDermott to my young eyes. Watching clips of him today not only highlighted his skill as a fine player, but also that he was an absolute unit. He must have been a nightmare for rightbacks the continent over when he was on the left side of our midfield. Also a very humble and self-deprecating man by all accounts.

RIP Ray.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back