advertisement

Coronavirus - the new strain XXI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Note that FFP2/3 respirators can be less comfortable

I think the phrase "can be" is not reflecting reality. I have FFP2 masks and they are extremely restrictive if you are doing anything other than sitting down. I more than reasonably fit for my age but doing any kind of work with an FFP2 which increases the breathing rate becomes very challenging. The first time I found this out I wondered how in God's name, personnel in the NHS coped over a 12hr shift.

Regards

Richard

A large part of it is purely childish populism, he's stuck in his Eton bubble of being a 'good chap' and not wanting to be the spoilsport. We get what we vote for, unfortunately a lot of people voted for him just because they thought he was funny, which says a lot about where politics is now in this country.

I hope people will see through it at some point and wise up in a - "Ok we've had the class clown in charge long enough now and shit has gone south, maybe we should get someone in with actual ability" - kind of way. I doubt it though, your average working class voter has given up on politics after years of having the piss taken out of them on all fronts. I think the best we could hope for is a multi party coalition, minus the Tories.

Totally agree. However, Best of British on that front....

I more than reasonably fit for my age but doing any kind of work with an FFP2 which increases the breathing rate becomes very challenging. The first time I found this out I wondered how in God's name, personnel in the NHS coped over a 12hr shift.

Yes, I've had the same thought and my admiration for the people doing such a difficult job only increased.

P.S. Two densely populated island nations: compare and contrast.

J2brJlQ.png

There does seem to be a tendency for many YouTube presentations to be far longer than they actually need to be. The very handy instructional ones are very often a case in point. I have little interest in the individual behind the presentation I just want the facts.

In the case of this particular video does it "NEED" to be over 24 minutes long to get the essentials across??? IMHO it doesn't.

Regards

Richard

Maybe it's a generation thing. I like context as well as facts.

I think the phrase "can be" is not reflecting reality. I have FFP2 masks and they are extremely restrictive if you are doing anything other than sitting down. I more than reasonably fit for my age but doing any kind of work with an FFP2 which increases the breathing rate becomes very challenging. The first time I found this out I wondered how in God's name, personnel in the NHS coped over a 12hr shift.

Regards

Richard
FWIW I find FFP2 masks reasonably comfortable as long as I'm not doing anything too strenuous.
Most personnel in the NHS have to make do with a surgical mask, even if working around COVID patients. FFP2s are reserved for certain specific situations. This is bonkers, but changing the regulation would apparently require some people high up to admit that they were wrong when they classified COVID risk and assigned PPE categories last year. Better to expose your staff to extra risk and lose a few more nurses, porters and doctors than to admit to a mistake, eh?

boosted with moderna. Stupid tiny vax centre in a docs 20 min drive away, 6 cubicles for vax, queuing out of yhe door and down the street in freezing conditions. No real post vax waiting area so they observe you waiting the 15 mins out on the street freezing again. ppl doing the jabbin are St John's Ambulance folk.

I don't know why they didn't use the same vax centre I had for AZ1 and AZ2, bigger and more local.......

need to regain the feeling in my feet. Arm is already sore.

We’ve got our boosters this afternoon, a different location to where we had the first two, but that was a school hall, so fair enough. It’s only a 15 minute walk anyway.

boosted with moderna. Stupid tiny vax centre in a docs 20 min drive away, 6 cubicles for vax, queuing out of yhe door and down the street in freezing conditions. No real post vax waiting area so they observe you waiting the 15 mins out on the street freezing again. ppl doing the jabbin are St John's Ambulance folk.

I don't know why they didn't use the same vax centre I had for AZ1 and AZ2, bigger and more local.......

need to regain the feeling in my feet. Arm is already sore.
I had a similar experience on Friday at a Chemist with just two cubicals. Also had to wait outside and it was a bit chaotic as they were also doing walk ins as well as boosters and 1st and 2nd jabs for those who hadn't had it.

Like you the 1st and 2nd were at the NHS Sports Club and well run with lots of booths etc. They need to re-open that especially for walk-ins.

I had my 3rd Covid vaccination (not a booster) on Sunday at the local medical centre. This was exactly the same as previous vaccinations, i.e. well managed and very efficient, but I suspect that it was a smoother process for me than many have had on here as I am clinically vulnerable due to various medical treatments over the past 12 months. Other family members are trying to sort out a booster dose and it is turning out to be difficult to organise without driving a long way.

"Every variant we've had so far spread in schools disproportionately first, before spreading into the community. Schools are the first places strict mitigations should come in at this point. We've made this mistake so many times. I can't believe we're doing it again."

https://twitter.com/dgurdasani1/status/1465262126575071238

I am so sick of this whole schools debate. It's not like the government can claim any longer that they aren't a major problem as the evidence is overwhelming so why not just for once say they were wrong and get some bloody sensible measures re-introduced.

I had a similar experience on Friday at a Chemist with just two cubicals. Also had to wait outside and it was a bit chaotic as they were also doing walk ins as well as boosters and 1st and 2nd jabs for those who hadn't had it.

Like you the 1st and 2nd were at the NHS Sports Club and well run with lots of booths etc. They need to re-open that especially for walk-ins.

yes they were doing boosters, plus first and seconds - both appointments and walking - all a bit chaotic really. Got through it all, though. I noticed staff were st johns ambulance.... no vax sticker.... :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back