advertisement

Thread for photos of really nice record shelves

hifi-03.JPG

and a gorgeous cat - very nice Mike.
What a splendid cat.

Unfortunately a deceased cat for 18 months now. This was the son (Yungi) of his almost identical father (Fungi) who joined me in '97 as an adult. He loved music whilst on my lap and his son likewise. They both expired at about the same age, oddly.

My wife creates websites, and these pic's are via that as an experiment, but this is a bit of a tortuous procedure involving emails each way and my propensity for errors, not least in finding stuff on a memory stick.

Prior to the shelves, I had MDF storage boxes holding <100 records and stacked in the same way, for browsing, but these were not that convenient compared to the shelves.

I'm rather jealous of this chap's lovely double-height record room with sliding ladders. 8000 records it says - pretty sure he's got space for more than that.

Happy to be advised if that’s the case Bob. I do shift them round pretty regularly, but would they be better all leaning in one direction? I thought that might over stress them weight wise.

Happy to be advised if that’s the case Bob. I do shift them round pretty regularly, but would they be better all leaning in one direction? I thought that might over stress them weight wise.

Unless you live in the tropics I'd be surprised if it's an issue in reality.

But if you're concerned there's a glaringly obvious solution to having space on your record shelves...

Ran out of space in the main unit so decided to make myself a new tv cabinet out of a random kallax rectangle that was knocking around. Nice man at B&Q sliced the ply and a couple of hours later voila, freed up storage on the main unit so I can keep buying stuff! Yet to decide on finish, tempted to go walnut stain/varnish to match the ruarks, or just leave as is. Annoyed fitted right side panel wrong way round, knots were supposed to be on the other side. Doh, was under time pressure at that point and only noticed after.

Brings to mind the adage about middle age, when your record collection and waistline meet in the middle. Not much room for growth in the former.

advertisement

Back