advertisement

Sound Insulation / Proofing in Modern Semi Detached Home

That 'dressing area' is about the size of the box room I shared with my brother. Our 'dressing area' was the landing.

That 'dressing area' is about the size of the box room I shared with my brother. Our 'dressing area' was the landing.

Back when I shared a room with my brother, it was usually soo cold that one would gather day clothes and run downstairs to were the fireplace had been made and blazing.
Dressing area was in front of the heat.

Haha.

It's weird that they decided to describe it as a 'dressing area'. Bedroom 1 is totally open plan so it's actually just part of the bedroom. (i.e. the actual length of the bedroom is around 21ft).

Here's a little video I took with my phone when I first walked around the show home - hopefully gives an idea of the layout. First time buying a 'new' home. Hope I don't regret it!

Lefty

I moved recently and decided I would only buy a detached property , however Due to house prices I had to go for a smaller property in a s lightly less good area to achieve this . I felt the compromise was well worth to get rid of noise transmission . The neighbours you have have can change in an attached house which quickly changes the dynamic . I my case it went from a single person away a lot for work to a family who were in most of the time ,noise escalation massive !

I moved recently and decided I would only buy a detached property , however Due to house prices I had to go for a smaller property in a s lightly less good area to achieve this . I felt the compromise was well worth to get rid of noise transmission . The neighbours you have have can change in an attached house which quickly changes the dynamic . I my case it went from a single person away a lot for work to a family who were in most of the time ,noise escalation massive !

I was faced with a similar choice. Also, 3 bed detached houses seem to be few and far between here (most of them are 4 bed, which puts the price up by £100k). However, the other issue was square footage. All of the 3 bed detached houses had much smaller rooms. It's definitely a gamble, as I don't know what my neighbour will be like. The developer said it was a young professional who works in London who seems really 'nice', so I hope that means he / she is away a lot. Let's hope they aren't someone who constantly has friends over and throws parties late into the night! I also hope they aren't someone who minds me playing music on my system and guitar. I don't play 'loud', but at the same time, I couldn't survive without music.

Ah the joys of moving house!

Lefty

advertisement

Back