advertisement

What are you listening to right now #60

Status
Not open for further replies.
concertoforgroupandorchestra.jpg

Ritchie Blackmore's solo in the first movement is one of my favourite guitar solos.

Unusually, he's playing a 335.

a2975740667_10.jpg

Promises by Floating Points, Pharoah Sanders & The LSO.

Perfect. I am as bit late to this one. Probably my favourite new music released this year. I dare not buy it on vinyl though, I don't think I could put up with the background noise. Or at least not in my system.

Radio Paradise world. I love percussion slapping me about through my headphones and RPW has lots of it. Must send them another tenner:)

Dug this out for my annual play of "Late November"

OIP.dCEFf8uGb28wx8x3pXHn4QHaHd

One of those songs from my school years that I've always loved - there's something about the vocal line (if not the voice itself) that gets me every time. The rest of the record is rather overblown and unremarkable mid 70s arty rock.

At the time I saw it as a companion piece to Blue Oyster Cult's Agents of Fortune - the Sandy Pearlman production was very similar.

Dug this out for my annual play of "Late November"

OIP.dCEFf8uGb28wx8x3pXHn4QHaHd

One of those songs from my school years that I've always loved - there's something about the vocal line (if not the voice itself) that gets me every time. The rest of the record is rather overblown and unremarkable mid 70s arty rock.

At the time I saw it as a companion piece to Blue Oyster Cult's Agents of Fortune - the Sandy Pearlman production was very similar.

David Surkamp - the only rock vocalist that can make Geddy Lee sound like Paul Robeson.

Burke Shelly of Welsh hard rockers Budgie was right up there. I saw them live at the Glasgow Apollo, a great live band.

Teenage Wrist - Dazed
https://teenagewrist.bandcamp.com/album/dazed-ep

One month of exhaustion with a newborn, a few months from the end of my contract and all the stress and burnout that that entails, tail end of a nightmare year of overwhelming stress...I'm just barely functioning over here. I needed something easy, a bit cheesy and poppy....I'll probably move on to more Teenage Wrist after this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back