advertisement

Some small speaker advice please.

Dicy

pfm Member
Hi All

I’m looking to improve my office set up and would appreciate some suggestions please.

I’m currently using some nice old Sonatas, but they replaced some much loved Royd Sorcerer SE’s which is a hard act to follow and they just aren’t cutting the mustard.

So looking for a step up to try and regain as much of the magic of the Sorcerer’s as possible. So anything really musical with a bit of bounce and a civilised top end.

They would have to work sitting on wall brackets and fairly near a corner in a small office.

The amp is a Marantz PM-4 and TT a Sony PS-X600 with Denon dl110.

Budget as low as possible in the £100 to £200 range, I’ve been looking for some Usher S520’s but no luck so far (watching a pair on Ebay), so any other suggestions would be really appreciated.

And if you have anything suitable to sell, please let me know.

Cheers

Rich

Hi All

I’m looking to improve my office set up and would appreciate some suggestions please.

I’m currently using some nice old Sonatas, but they replaced some much loved Royd Sorcerer SE’s which is a hard act to follow and they just aren’t cutting the mustard.

So looking for a step up to try and regain as much of the magic of the Sorcerer’s as possible. So anything really musical with a bit of bounce and a civilised top end.

They would have to work sitting on wall brackets and fairly near a corner in a small office.

The amp is a Marantz PM-4 and TT a Sony PS-X600 with Denon dl110.

Budget as low as possible in the £100 to £200 range, I’ve been looking for some Usher S520’s but no luck so far (watching a pair on Ebay), so any other suggestions would be really appreciated.

And if you have anything suitable to sell, please let me know.

Cheers

Rich

TDL Nucleus 1. Here's one for less than £40 including postage with a two week option to return if you don't like them.

Pair of TDL Nucleus KV1 Bookshelf HIFI Speakers, 4-8 ohms, 20-110W - (06) | eBay

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
Thanks so much for all the suggestions everyone, hugely appreciated and a lot of food for thought.

It helped me focus a bit and I’ve upped the budget and with a nice discount have just picked up a pair of……

…Dali Oberon 1’s in walnut. :)

Apparently, they sound a lot better after 50 hours, if that’s the case, I’ll be bloody delighted as they sound flipping ace straight from the box.

Result!

advertisement

Back