advertisement

Today I have mainly been v1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Contacted The Daughter to find out if the repaired (!) speaker is now working.

> Nope… :(

Donned appropriate clothing and popped next door to find out why the speaker wasn’t playing.
After swapping over speaker wires we decided it was the 90 core speaker cable that was at fault.
Inspected cable, no obvious pressure points or breaks in the casing. ?
Swapped cable with another piece, works fine now :)
The Daughter pleased again, therefore I am pleased.
Daughter gave me some chocolate cake she had made.

Now back home and 5th mug of tea on the go.

Giving the new Adele album a spin, although I don’t know why as we have already dismissed it as self-indulgent pants.

Yesterday I pickled a load of cockles in cider vinegar, what a treat! Not sure what the main meal is today, but I still think soup is the way to go. French Onion soup would be nice, with cheese on toast as an accompaniment. Life would be lacking if we didn’t have onions.

My birthday is three days after Christmas when everyone is sick of food and booze so like the queen I am having an official birthday today. All the family are taking me out for a slap up Chinese banquet. I love Chinese food and it’s the one cuisine I just cannot seem to replicate in my own kitchen so it will be a real treat. More importantly it will be the first time we have seen adult kids and partners together in months.

Going outside to check the wheelie bin was still intact, Mrs H noticed a black and yellow plastic wallet stuck on our windscreen. It was a penalty notice for the alleged offence of not displaying a valid residents’ parking permit. In fact, such permits are now digital only, and the Council’s own website states that it’s not necessary to display a permit.

This is the second such notice we’ve had. I appealed against the first one about a month ago; had an acknowledgment, but nothing further. I’ve appealed against this one, in slightly less polite terms, so will await a grovelling apology.

I remember when you said the first time, bloody hell, now another, it’s hard work isn’t it.

Going outside to check the wheelie bin was still intact, Mrs H noticed a black and yellow plastic wallet stuck on our windscreen. It was a penalty notice for the alleged offence of not displaying a valid residents’ parking permit. In fact, such permits are now digital only, and the Council’s own website states that it’s not necessary to display a permit.

This is the second such notice we’ve had. I appealed against the first one about a month ago; had an acknowledgment, but nothing further. I’ve appealed against this one, in slightly less polite terms, so will await a grovelling apology.

Is your vehicle number easy for the warden to misread? Mrs BMs registration starts EO08 but if typed as EOO8 would not appear on a list of permits allocated.

Is your vehicle number easy for the warden to misread? Mrs BMs registration starts EO08 but if typed as EOO8 would not appear on a list of permits allocated.
I don’t think so; it begins CA, which is easy to remember as it’s also the first two letters of Mrs H’s first name. There’s an O at the end, but there shouldn’t be a 0 at that point.

In any case, I think the warden scans the number plates with some electronic device.

Today I have been mostly staying in and listening to records as I'm feeling a bit stiff and achy following yesterday's covid booster jab.

One of my dog walking friends has just popped round with some spare dog coats for Tinkerbell (see my avatar) who sometimes shivers when we are out and about in the cold and wet. Tinkerbell took one look at them and ran into the kitchen and hid. I don't think this dog coat thing is going to work. I'm not too disappointed as they are brightly coloured polka dot things and I'd feel a twat walking her around in one*. I think she feels the same way.

* I've just reread this post. For the avoidance of doubt it's the dog who has to wear the coat, not me, but either way...

Just back from getting my booster jab. Had to drive all the way to Havant for some reason. That’s a rather run-down and sad shopping centre especially when there’s a windchill of -5C
Settling down to a nice cup of Fortnums smokey Earl Grey and running in the Radikal upgrade. Quite impressed so far

Work related video call this morning, haircut, lunch, over to parents this evening for birthday celebration, which is the best bit.

Trying to repair a poorly made Rangemaster cooker hood fan/motor, pile o shite. Will look for another complete fan unit that looks like it might work and replace the lot instead.

Started practising on my sax and wondered why my usually rubbish chops had gone completely to hell overnight. After five minutes I noticed the pieces of greaseproof that I put under a few keys when I finish in order to stop them sticking were still in place. Doh!

Just call it 'extended technique'.

Trying to move my Ikea Kalax unit ( The 20 cube big one ) from the dining room , Throught the hallway into my living / music room all on my ownsome , My arthritic wrists and elbows will give me some jip later :( and for the next few days , But needs must It has to be done :) Then do the same with god know how mant LP's.

Repairing a fascia for the under oven drawer. Really a poor design from the outset. Never been that solid. If the repair doesn't work, I'll fit a new one of a different design.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back