advertisement

United States of Europe??

Well, although it was always written in the runes, I'm not entirely sure that I expected it to come from Germany. The German taxpayers, not to mention the banks and the Constitutional Court are, I suspect, going to find it hard to stomach the concept of a transfer union.

This is either the end of the beginning, or the beginning of the end.

Does this mean the International House of Pancakes is coming to Europe?

Europe could use an eatery where you Come Hungry and Leave Unable to Zip Up Your Trousers.®

Joe

Does this mean the International House of Pancakes is coming to Europe?

Europe could use an eatery where you Come Hungry and Leave Unable to Zip Up Your Trousers.®

Joe
Doesn’t sound very International if they’re not in Europe already. Is that ‘international’ in the sense of ‘world’ as in ‘World series’?

...Unable to Zip Up Your Trousers...
Joe, when you get to my age you don’t need an eatery for that. Shredded memory does the job for you. I try to blame it on faulty zips but that seems statistically impossible. Today, for example, I was wandering through town and felt a chill breeze in more tender regions. Oh no, for how long have I...

Steve, my man.

Doesn’t sound very International if they’re not in Europe already. Is that ‘international’ in the sense of ‘world’ as in ‘World series’?

Aye, IHOP is international the way the World Series is played globally.

Marchy, my man.

Joe, when you get to my age you don’t need an eatery for that. Shredded memory does the job for you. I try to blame it on faulty zips but that seems statistically impossible. Today, for example, I was wandering through town and felt a chill breeze in more tender regions. Oh no, for how long have I...

If you've been to an IHOP and had all you can eat (especially after some dubage), the structural integrity of your trousers at best will be 34%.

ulzbx0suyyk01.jpg

Joe

Well, although it was always written in the runes, I'm not entirely sure that I expected it to come from Germany. The German taxpayers, not to mention the banks and the Constitutional Court are, I suspect, going to find it hard to stomach the concept of a transfer union.
What's the world coming to, when one can't rely anymore on old favourites like the Bundesverfassungsgericht or the frugal German taxpayer?
This is either the end of the beginning, or the beginning of the end.
Well, which is it, do you think? And of what?

NO-ONE should feel smug in the UK at the moment, least of all Brexiters.

- Take a look at the 10 year history of GBP vs USD or EUR.
- Britain is once-again the poor man of Europe, and inward investment is fleeing to mainland Europe.
- Britain has a national government that equals the incompetence and corruption of the Trump administration. The worst in living memory.
- A terrible record on COVID.
- A collapsing health service.

NO-ONE should feel smug in the UK at the moment, least of all Brexiters.

- Take a look at the 10 year history of GBP vs USD or EUR.
- Britain is once-again the poor man of Europe, and inward investment is fleeing to mainland Europe.
- Britain has a national government that equals the incompetence and corruption of the Trump administration. The worst in living memory.
- A terrible record on COVID.
- A collapsing health service.
Meanwhile Brexit Britain sends undertrained crews on brand new warships half way round the world to ‘intimidate’ China in its own territorial waters while complaining about a handful of brown people trying to paddle across the Channel and investment meanwhile flies in the opposite direction, to Europe. It’s a sad end.A European federation is an inevitability.

Last edited:
At least some honesty appears to be creeping in with Germany now making it clear what they want. The question is whether people support a European federation or not.

Not much opinion here on whether it is a good thing or bad thing for EU member states.

My opinion is it is a bad thing because it means almost certain conflict in the future when it breaks up.

advertisement

Back