advertisement

Wow, this looks familiar...

It does look pretty decent for a blatant rip-off. I wonder if it sounds anything like the real thing (which is quite good)?

Reviews (2)
R***z22 Jul 2021
Perfect article. Perfect seller very attentive. Best audio seller in China. Good article with excellent completion. Sound corresponds to the price. Recommended.

So the sound “corresponds to the price” o_O

Bmw X5 or Shuanghuan CEO
BMW has lost a court action that claimed a Chinese-built SUV infringed the German premium carmaker's copyright.

shuanghuan-ceo.jpg

It does look pretty decent for a blatant rip-off. I wonder if it sounds anything like the real thing (which is quite good)?
If what turns up actually looks like the photo.
Aliexpress has a bit of a reputation.

I have not seen the ATC fakes, but I did spot a Tannoy-a-like! The pictures make them, look nice, I wonder if the cabinets are any good?

Edit, I have just seen the ATC-a-like, my goodness they seem quite expensive when compared to the fancy pants 'B&W' copy.

It seems a very strange thing to make in many ways. The general public ain't going to be wowed by ANY item of high end hi fi as it's all "just a stereo" to them... whilst actual enthusiasts will know to expect them to sound shite... So who buys them?o_O:confused:

Who's going to stop them? Try filing a copyright infringement notice against a Chinese company and see how far you get.... the UK government don't even want to know. I've been there.

Really sorry to hear that! I’m sure ‘frustration’ doesn’t even begin to describe your experiences.

Still, checking our the product description is interesting. ‘Kavra’ drivers…

And the crossover looks really cheap…

I’m curious to see how these sound compared to the real thing and how they compare to a decent speaker at the same price. Not that I’d ever pay anything to anyone for a fake.

How can they get away with it?

Because they do not give a feck! From the bottom to the top, the country is totally corrupt. There are books, videos and articles on the scale of the problem and I'd recommend having a look at them. Counterfeiting a few guitars, speakers or cars is nothing! They will fake entire corporations.

My sister used to be a director at chip manufacturer Intel and she said that hey couldn't even think about building a fab (fabrication plant) in China because it's an accepted fact that they'd rip off the chips.

How can they get away with it?
Some B&W speakers are made in China, aren't they? I expect the night shift just keeps the production lines running after hours and assembles some extras using a load of reject components to earn more money on the side. I believe it's quite common in other areas, particularly expensive supposedly luxury goods like Gucci handbags.

advertisement

Back