advertisement

Single taps or mixers?

The two tap control is simple and will last forever.

I've just refurbed a 50 year old pair of taps which will now outlive me.

I only use the cold tap for tooth brushing; we're well hard in Essex though.

Mixer taps, Anyday. Also in 2021, you will get varieties of colours, modern, traditional mixer taps. Thermostatic mixer taps also help you to adjust and have a balanced temperature every time. Mixer taps are Safer and More Economical. If you are planning to buy one check out this mixer tap collection.
What collection?

definitely B for me, but then again, that what I grew up in and installed first thing once I bought my own place. I mean it makes sense, it's the lazy option. I'd look like an idiot standing there with my toothbrush in one hand, then only having one hand to turn two taps. Also much easier to get temperature right with option B.
Who on earth
A) runs water when cleaning their teeth these days
And
B) uses anything but cold water to brush their teeth?

Who on earth
A) runs water when cleaning their teeth these days
And
B) uses anything but cold water to brush their teeth?

I do brush with a double espresso (no sugar cos that's bad) and rinse with mint tea. At weekends I might add a shot of vodka

It`s a bathroom - do what makes your wife happy.

He posed the question 6 years ago so I think it's probably safe to assume a decision has already been made :)

I think this counts as a zombie thread, revived for the purpose of attempting to advertise some taps (post #20). But rather failed due to omitting the link, lol.

The cold tap was always on the right hand side of the sink, basin etc so as to accomodate the right handed user, tough on the lefties.
Surprising that there is no discussion of plug on a chain versus the liftup mechanism fixed to a lever on the tap mechanism or basin.

Shit! I've been using my toilet as a bidet for 35 years!

Obv. flushed with success. One wonders, though, what you've been using for your evacuations. :D

A bit like the fact that UK electricians build ring-circuits, while continentals do star-circuits.

Thought (almost?) everyone else in the world used radial circuits. Is a star circuit the same, as I've not come across that terminology in mains supply installations ?

advertisement

Back