advertisement

RIP Peter Skinner (passkinn)

He was another Pink Triangle aficionado - RIP

Peter had an oxford crystal reference with an Sme series v then changed to an PT TOO which he much preferred I suggested he get an air tangent 2b for the crystal which he loved but did not want the faff of a pump. He then got an anniversary he had one of the first built and loved the midrange of the pinks for many years.

Peter was my oldest friend. We were the same age, born in 1949, and first became friends at school aged about five. We were also "blood brothers" from about the age of eight; we'd read how to do it in the book Last of the Mohicans and we took our sheath-knives to school, slashed our thumbs and mingled the blood. We really got it in the neck from the headmaster when word spread around the school!

In later years we would spend hours at each others houses listening to kit and swapping stuff around, as you do. Peter had very strong views on things and we would have the most spectacular arguments and stop talking to each other for a few weeks, but always remained friends. Like Mik says, he was extremely generous and he gave me loads of bits of kit over the years much of which I still have and use. My Jadis amp was his originally. We also used to play chess together and he was much better than me! I will miss him hugely.

RIP Peter.
I benefited too from petes generosity..he gave some cables (interconnects and speaker cable) so whenever I listened to my main kit I was grateful to Pete for how good it sounded due in large part to the cabling he gave me...now whenever I turn to my main kit I will remember pete..for his friendship and his generosity...

So sad to hear of his passing, and thoughts for those that were close to him.

I recall his equipment isolation thread from way back. Although I am a sceptic in most esoteric treatments, I am a big fan of experimenting with this aspect.

I remember him posting regularly some years ago. He sounds like someone I would have loved to have known from Mik's description in the OP. RIP.

He sounds like someone I would have loved to have known, and we are the poorer for his passing. RIP.

Sincere condolences to Peter’s family and friends. Lovely to hear of the affection he was clearly held in. RIP

Sad news indeed, RIP Peter. I never met him but lost a friend who was a memorable character too.
My condolences to Peter, his friends and family.

advertisement

Back